Recent content by Zigourney

1. Z

Intel 10gbe x540-T2 on Asus motherboard PCie lane limitation

It appears that my GFX card did not fall back to gen2 as I was able to independently assign gen3 on the gxf card and gen2 on the 10gbe network card. So now I am itching to upgrade my boot drive to the Samsung 970 Evo Plus m.2 NVME drive. I have two m.2 slots on my motherboard which I believe...
  2. Z

Yes I know that, but have you seen the price for two X550 cards! Anyway I have completed the upgrade over the last weekend. I upgraded to the Synology DS1819+ and migrated my disks (four 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pros) and installed the Intel X540-T2 card in the DS1819+. I also installed a...
  3. Z

Thanks for replying. Sounds like from what you are saying everything in the PC will all work simultaneously, but I may see the gfx card fall back to gen 2 speeds, therefore will have gfx card running at gen2 x8 and the x540 card running at gen2 x8? That's a shame, I was hoping the switching...
  4. Z

Hi I was hoping someone could help clarify for me about the limitations of my motherboards PCI express lanes as I am about to install a 10gbe Intel x540-t2 card in it but I have other components which are taking up pci lanes and I am a bit concerned that I am about to run into some issues. I...