Recent content by zhoulander

1. Z

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Looks like a lot more activity in the Ruckus forums about slow wifi on their Wave 2 devices, and some speculation that people who have homes that come with Ruckus wifi are the ones dumping their APs for cheap on eBay. Might be worth a gamble to pick up some cheap ones and wait for firmware...
  2. Z

Thanks yes I saw that thread but it only refers to standalone or Unleashed firmwares, however nothing about ZD firmwares unfortunately. I initially tried downgrading to zd1200_10.2.1.0.129.ap_10.2.1.0.129 which is roughly around the time of 200.6.10 but no luck. Guess I'll need to spend some...
  3. Z

So I went a little nutty trying to diagnose some Unifi slow wifi issues I've been having and ended up with a R720 and ZD1200. Initial testing on the R720 was weird, I didn't realize that powering it off 802.3af from a US-8-60W in my office would enable only 1x4 radio so I was getting very poor...
  4. Z

32GB DDR4-2666 RDIMMs $85 ea

They're working in my Supermicro X10SRL-F and E5-1650 V3. They show up as 2133MHZ UNKNOWN SRx4 32GB RDIMM in BIOS with all the ECC options present.
  5. Z

Their listing explicitly states it works with E5-2600 V3 with newest BIOS that supports V4
  6. Z

Why not E5-V3 + C612? My board X10SRL-F shows it accepts upto 128GB 3DS "LRDIMMs", but I'll find out shortly when my set arrives :S X10SRL-F | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. The X10SDV does not support 3DS per the website: X10SDV-4C-TLN2F | Motherboards | Products | Super...
  7. Z

HP 649281-B21 ConnectX-3 VPI MCX354A-FCBT $35 + $8 shipping OBO ebay

It seems esxi dropped sr-iov support for these as they are no longer using the mlnx-ofed driver. This could be the reason they’re being dumped for pretty cheap.
  8. Z

FreeNAS Mini on Sale Amazon $100 off

Glanced at the subject and thought what the heck is a Freenas Minion, is that some kind of stocking stuffer? :p Difficult to see specs on this, how much RAM does it come with?
  9. Z

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Bought 3x Sunon 6.3 cfm maglev to put in a 6450-48P from Amazon but one was defective. Out of curiosity I left it running with only 2 active fans and it got up to 58C with no load before I shut it down (fans were running in low mode). Now have some of the 10 cfm fans on order.
  10. Z

eBay - 15% Off Min. Purchase $25 (Max. Discount $100) starting on 8/8

Went in for a Brocade switch :D
  11. Z

eBay - 15% Off Min. Purchase $25 (Max. Discount $100) starting on 8/8

Entire cart as long as same currency.
  12. Z

Best place to buy Mikrotik S+RJ10?

fwiw I bought from them (streakwave) and didn't have any issues.
  13. Z

If you have the TP-Link T1700G-28TQ switch...

@compuguy their site doesn't like the referral link. Copy and paste the url into a new clean tab and it'll download. My switch: System Description: JetStream 24-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 10GE SFP+ Slots Device Name: T1700G-28TQ Device Location: SHENZHEN Contact...
  14. Z

FS: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PS / And MORE - Offers please!! It all needs to go...

Also keep in mind the beta units had issues with the Base-T ports and need an RMA to get a fixed unit with a newer PCB.
  15. Z

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Yes 10G copper all resolved now and older units are covered by warranty. I am connecting mine to a different switch XS708T, and also to my Xeon-D boards. You can run the controller in a VM or on a Pi, or you can buy the Cloudkey. Warranty is short but if it's a design defect that affects a...