Recent content by Zervun

1. Z

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I'm using Untangle - u50xw (although I don't use the wireless on it except guest network, have Ubi APs off of it) Untangle home license is $50 a year, and it is a very well polished UTM. Interface is great. IPS/IDS isn't as great as some other UTMs but it works fine. Overall a very polished...
  2. Z

Thats a very good deal on that one Just a note - on least on my 6650, it is quite loud, and the fans spin up about every minute (it is very cool so I think that might just be how they work). I've swapped the fans and power supplies and it still operates the same. It's buttcrunching powerful...
  3. Z

AOC-SLG3-2M2 to Bifurcate or not Bifurcate on X9DRi-LN4F+

The stock bios doesn't work, you have to inject the nvme driver into the bios as it isn't included in the default bios. Follow this thread [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS When you get down to modding the bios, do not use UEFItool use the AMI tool...
  4. Z

Sorry I just saw this now - I'm not sure I have a copy of my bios and I'm not sure how to download the bios on the server. I will look around to see if I have it.
  5. Z

I have a DRi and got my AOC-SLG3-2M2 to work. The bios does not support booting from nvme out of the box (with 3.3). I followed the nvme bios flash instructions on win-raid forums. You have to use the AMI bios flash tool and not the UEFI bios flash tool due to something weird with the...
  6. Z

Do a search for my name in this thread - I posted a place where I got them at. They are not very cheap. I think someone responded shortly after I posted with a place that was slightly cheaper
  7. Z

50 bucks a piece - took a little bit of poking around on ebay on rps15 and or the serial numbers
  8. Z

They are both Rev B's. I ordered a couple "spares" to swap in off of ebay just to have them as spares if it doesn't fix the issue. At idle they are fine, obviously at stage 2 they are jet engines. This behavior is a slight rev up from idle, but way less than stage 2. It happens about every...
  9. Z

Thanks much - Does anyone know if a 6610 PS will work fine in a 6650? 6610 -> 23-0000142-02 (POE model) 6650 -> 23-0000144-01
  10. Z

Thanks - do you think it could be a PSU on it's way out? or is it just normal? When it isn't doing much traffic it still spins up/temps normal.
  11. Z

Was hoping that someone else with a 6650 would chime in. I got my 6650 up and running - it is noisy at low speed (quite a bit louder than the 6610) but it's sitting in a cool basement. What is odd is that the fans spin up "slightly" every 15-30~ seconds then settle back down. Temperature in the...
  12. Z

I agree - what fohdeesha has done is totally kick ass and it's terrible that some people have to ruin it for others. I've noticed the ebay prices hiking up a bit as I was looking at getting a backup switch which I'm guessing is due to people buying them to resell maybe? I doubt though that a ban...
  13. Z

For those looking for the 4 post kits - I was able to get some here ICX6610-RMK-4P Brocade Network Accessory Not the cheapest (I got them on sale for I think ~120 a piece) but they rarely show up on ebay. I have only been able to snatch up one on ebay that was under these prices in 2+ months.
  14. Z

Do you have what pinout you did to create this?