Recent content by ZeroGee

1. Z

Having a hard time booting with >4 cards on S2600IP

Thank you for your suggestion! I just checked the BIOS and that setting is already enabled. Drat. I have not tested the setup with it disabled though...
  2. Z

Having a hard time booting with >4 cards on S2600IP

Hello! I've been mining with an S2600IP with both CPU sockets populated, and no matter what configuration of riser positions in the PCIe slots, I cannot boot with more than 4 GPUs. I'm using GTX 1070s for this setup. I can boot with 4GPUs using most PCIe arrangements, but the moment I try to...
  3. Z

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

I ask because I'd rather power it with a different power supply, to allow for better gpu usage and higher effeviency running at 120v vs using a converter and 204v.
  4. Z

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

Considering they sell these as dual nodes with chassis, does anyone think it possible to power the midplane connector? To power both boards if possible? I'll be acquiring a dual node soon, and I'll investigate just that.
  5. Z

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

I'm reading some conflicting information. I've read here that v2 boards, typically called "Windmill" can support e5-2600 v2 processors. The datasheet here: ownCloud(link to datasheet from Server/SpecsAndDesigns - OpenCompute ) implies that it only supports v1. Is it the case that it will...