Recent content by ZeDestructor

1. ZeDestructor

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

If you insist on hardraid, I'd go for somthing based around the SAS2208 or SAS3108 controllers then, though IMO doing som form of softraid is a better option
  2. ZeDestructor

I don't think those really exist as i386 pointed out, they all rely on chassis airflow. workaround for us in our strange setups is to attack a 40mm fan to it somehow
  3. ZeDestructor

WD WD100EMAZ and WD Easystore 10TB External Backup Drive Review

If one looks closely at the white label on said drive, one will spot a certain specific R/N: US7SAL080. If one does a quick search for it, one ends up finding a document titled as follows: 2 pages later, one finds a nice list of products covered, as well as the certifications achieved, followed...
  4. ZeDestructor

They should be in their own 2116 list, but comparing between the 2008 and 2108, it's closer to the 2008, bein an HBA without BBU and all.
  5. ZeDestructor

Microsoft Project Denali a Game Changer for Flash Storage at Scale

Looks like it, based on the authors of the most recent LightNVM paper/presentation working at CNEX, who are MS' major partner for Denali. Maan.. I remember musing about the possibility of this back in 2013-2014 when the Intel S3700 was shiny and new and people told me it would never happen XD...
  6. ZeDestructor

This isn't the thread or forum thread for that (the trading forum is what you want). This thread is here mostly as a big central doc we can refer to when searching for/identifying cards: Look on the first page for model/part numbers, then do 3000 ebay searches looking for the cheapest one with...
  7. ZeDestructor

Single Root v Dual Root for Deep Learning GPU to GPU Systems

If I did, I'd be offering it up instead of asking :(
  8. ZeDestructor

Single Root v Dual Root for Deep Learning GPU to GPU Systems

What happens when you add NVLink to the mix?
  9. ZeDestructor

It's most likely coarse M3 thread (the more common M3 thread, and the one pretty much all generic and unspecified M3 screws are made with). 5-6mm long pan-head screws should do the job.. EDIT: if in doubt, just buy 100 of each and find out! if it doesn't fit, find the next size smaller/larger...
  10. ZeDestructor

@mobilenvidia : gentle prod to update the start of thread pages.
  11. ZeDestructor

Seagate “Guardian” Series of 10TB Hard Drives Launched

Not much point because of the lower turbulence on smaller platters (smaller radius => lower linear speed => less turbulence)
  12. ZeDestructor

Headsup: Broadcom (formerly Avago) have a couple of new SAS bits out: Controllers: HBA/cacheless RAID: SAS2116 (nothing on the official site, but it's listed on Supermicro's), SAS3216, SAS3224 RAID controllers (with cache support): SAS3316, SAS3324 Cards: SAS 9302-16e, Dual SAS3008, FHHL...
  13. ZeDestructor

Seagate “Guardian” Series of 10TB Hard Drives Launched

The chassis design suggests only all the 10TB variants are Helium-filled (not much point sealing an air-filled drive). Due to the reduction in drag on the platters and heads, the main motor power goes down since you need less torque to spin it up.
  14. ZeDestructor

Will and MSA60 enclosure work with LSI 9260-8i

Just throwing in my $0.02: I have an MSA60 plugged into my LSI 9206-16e (SAS2308). Everything works, including SES and dynamic fan control. I'm using a Molex 3m SFF-8644 to SFF-8088 cable (3m was cheapest when I was buying....).