Recent content by y2kbadbug

1. Y

Asrock Rack E3C246D2I

Yes, I already asked their support 2 months ago. They do plan on supporting it.
  2. Y

xeon e-2278G missing from stores

I got tired of waiting and ordered a Xeon E-2176G. It will be sufficient enough for what I'm doing. It's pretty ridiculous what's going on with Intel honestly.
  3. Y

They aren't actually in stock. All the sites are like this.
  4. Y

I've been following this for a few months. They were launched it appears but not actually put up for sale. I've been hearing that early August was suppose to be the date for consumer sale, however, that hasn't happened. Some products I've seen include the new E-2200 series in their...
  5. Y

Asrock Rack E3C246D2I

It won't come loose, it's just pressed into the area and pinned by i believe the ipmi nic
  6. Y

Asrock Rack E3C246D2I

So I actually got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WGN61Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It doesn't exactly fit "correctly", but I was able to get it to work and secure it, it just protrudes a little bit can can't be screwed in, but it was tight in the socket...
  7. Y

Asrock Rack E3C246D2I

So a note about the M.2 2242 slot. I actually used a u.2 converter and installed an Intel 900p 280GB drive.
  8. Y

Looking for 8+ bay hot swap chassis.

I got this case and it works very well: http://www.norcotek.com/product/itx-s8/ It is a mini-itx case with 8 hot-swap drives. Requires a SAS card. The form factor is very small.
  9. Y

Asrock Rack E3C246D2I

The problem with the 9.5G and higher iGPUs with Plex is that Plex does not have full support for the iHD driver. That is the Intel Media Driver. This is going to be added pretty soon, it's currently in testing. However, I did notice that FreeBSD based systems do not see the iGPU correctly due...
  10. Y

Xeon E-2200 release date?

I am actually interested in the Xeon E-2288G but I can't find any actual information on it. Intel's ARK page for it shows Launched already.