Recent content by Xciter

1. X

Firewall with large number of interfaces/vlans

The point is that there is a separate network per apartment(can be one or more users in each apartment). So on the wired side each apartment gets a isolated L2 network with a couple of wired ports, which can also be accessible via the WiFi using D-PSK. This way we keep things nice end tidy. We...
  2. X

Yes. A bunch of client devices do not support 802.1x. Telling them "Well no WiFi for You" is not an option. :)
  3. X

FYI, Seems pFSense does not support serving DHCP pools which are outside the scope of the locally configured interfaces as well. I've went with the first suggestion and I can report everything is working as expected, just had to move the DHCP servers to the aggregation switch.
  4. X

I have tough about it, however my preference would to not deviated from my existing template. I definitely think it would work. I'll give it a go as well. pFSense supports "Active/Passive" setup with states/config/DHCP leases synchronization which actually works pretty well. Regretfully...
  5. X

First post, so be gentle :) I am investigating a firewall solution that would enable me to have a large number of interfaces / VLANs behind a firewall. My current go-to solution is pFSense, however due to some limitations of how the pfsense was written the system is mostly unable to deal with...