Recent content by wyluliraven

1. W

Looking for source for Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

This is a fairly narrow focus, but hoping this crew might be able to help me source two Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD for a project. They are still really new, but someone... SOMEWHERE, has to have them. Thanks!
  2. W

Toshiba announces 12 new 3.5"desktop drives

More than thrilled with my six DT01ACA300 drives. However, none of mine were ever built into an external enclosure. In fact, the only people I know who have had issues with this line of drives are people who either de-shelled the external case, or continued to use them as an external drive.
  3. W

Intel Xeon E7 v2 - Ivy Bridge-EX / Ivy Town Release - Ask me!

My biggest question is which socket are these being released for, because I doubt that LGA2011-13 will support it, because that is already slated for Haswell-E, but could it be LGA1567? I hope it is not LGA1356. :/ (IF I glossed over the socket having been declared, I apologize.)
  4. W

Intel Xeon E7 v2 - Ivy Bridge-EX / Ivy Town Release - Ask me!

*making popcorn, sitting down and anxious to hear the results*
  5. W

C6100 Alternatives

dcbarans, it depends on the leasing agreement with the end using customer. However I would expect by middle of next year that the C6220s would start showing up in limited quantities and end of 2015 in full force. I say that, however it is very likely that LGA2011 will see a longer live span in...
  6. W

C6100 Alternatives

I honestly can't wait for Dell C6220s to start hitting the secondary market. Nom nom nom.
  7. W

6 TB Hitachi helium drive available?

I love the reliability of these drives, they perform wonderfully thus far. Not sure if it will be in the cards to buy some for home use though.
  8. W

2.5 SSD mounts without using a HS Bay

Thank you for that link, these connectors are a pain to find most often.
  9. W

Issue with iKVM getting blocked due to Self-Signed Certificate

Java is the bane of remote consoles, however Patrick pointed you in the right direction.
  10. W

Best way to manage 20+ IPMI servers

If you have various vendors in your camp, have you considered loading OpenIPMI to address them all? OpenIPMI Also, having a dedicated switch for IPMI networks is a good practice. You could do IPMI IP assigned at the switch level to keep things simple, or use DNS.
  11. W

FS: 288GB of genuine HP 8GB PC3-8500R Memory

I do not think anyone would blame you if someone snagged all of them in one fell swoop!
  12. W

Kingston Enterprise 400GB SSD SATA3

So, we use these drives at work, not the best items on the market, but they have been quiet reliable. While they are sandforce controllers, nothing crazy horrible has transpired with them. I am not the seller, but figured someone here might be interested. Just FYI, these drives are heavily...
  13. W

What is the formatted/ usable capacity of the Crucial M500 960GB Drive?

Yep, nothing new, just becomes increasingly more frustrating due to the size of the storage devices growing. Like many people have muttered under their breath for decades, would be amazing if the sold capacity is the actual available capacity.
  14. W

Western Digital Black^2- 128GB SSD plus 1TB hard drive

The WD Black^2 is nice breath of fresh air in the segment when looking at performance and storage capacity. Sure, going with a large SSD makes more sense, but sometimes you just _need/want_ that extra space. Will really define the niche that the product belongs to if/when Apple incorporates...