Recent content by Wronglebowski

1. W

ZFS Best Practices?

Hey all, just built out my second TrueNAS Pool and I'm looking for some tips. My pool is just a general bulk storage for Plex, documents, photos, few game servers. Pool - Main mirror-1 6TB 6TB mirror-2 6TB 6TB mirror-3 8TB 8TB mirror-4 8TB 8TB mirror-5 8TB 8TB mirror-6 12TB...
  2. W

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I just picked up an ICX 7250 and I'm very happy with it. I got it configured and on the network via the out of band management port. Suddenly it's no longer on the network. It's still functioning and my network is up but it won't respond via IP. I've tried to find one of the Mini-USB to Serial...
  3. W

So is the number the feature set followed by the security revision? I see 8.0.70h, released on Jan 18th 2021. So this would be a much older release with backported security fixes? My main concern is the licensing. Is the "Honor system" still present even on .95?
  4. W

Is there a good source for newer firmware? The fohdeesha website for the ICX 7250 has 2019 Firmware. If I can find newer firmware is there any reason not to upgrade?
  5. W

There seems to be multiple variants of the "Brocade Official SFP+". Is there any particular model I need to get the added benefits...