Recent content by wingpegasis

1. W

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi guys, I'm having problems getting the QDCS (CPUID = 0306F0h) to boot in my motherboard Jingsha X99-8D3. I've tried various BIOSes with 306F0 microcode included by default and the board gives FF post code, however if I use BIOSes with 306F0 microcode removed then the CPU is able to get past...
  2. W

ES Xeon Discussion

That's quite unfortunate tho. Anyway thank you RolloZ170, you've been a great help.
  3. W

ES Xeon Discussion

If that's the case then the 306F1 microcode already exists in my BIOS. What could possibly be causing the problem here then?
  4. W

ES Xeon Discussion

Yes it works with my 2630LV3 no problem.
  5. W

ES Xeon Discussion

I have tried adding 306F0 microcode to the BIOS, but the system still refused to boot. Fan spinning but no beep at all. The CPU did heat up. Any suggestions?
  6. W

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks for the warning, I am aware of that already but I just wanna try if it works (additional VRM cooling is a must tho). I'm also thinking of getting myself an used X99-AD3 to pair with this power-hungry monster.
  7. W

ES Xeon Discussion

no mine is dual ranked and it works with my 2630LV3 so I guess I'll try modding the bios
  8. W

ES Xeon Discussion

So now I should try my luck by adding microcode to the BIOS right :))
  9. W

ES Xeon Discussion

Yep only 1 stick of SK Hynix RECC 16GB 2133Mhz
  10. W

ES Xeon Discussion

Can anyone confirm if Intel Xeon QDCS only works with DDR3? I just got one today but cannot get it to POST on Huananzhi X99-8M-F with 16GB DDR4. I looked it up on Google and found 1 listing in a Polish website that state the QDCS only works with DDR3 ( Intel Xeon 2695 v3 QDCS Early ES - tylko...