Recent content by weust

1. weust

Mellanox ConnectX-2 1Gbit SFP support

I was looking at the Mellanox ConnectX-2 cards because they are PCI-E 2.0 because my SuperMicro C2758F server doesn't support 2.1 cards. It really messed up the system. No SATA drives found anymore, stuff like that. Trying my luck with the Intel X520 failed, can't get them to accept 1Gbit SFP...
  2. weust

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Check the powersupply. Don't have it next to me, but I doubt that will deliver all you need.
  3. weust

Flash Intel X520-DA2 to Dell X520-DA2

No, in this case I bought some Mellanox ConnectX-3 cards, and later a Dell branded dual port card (because afaik Dell doesn't have single port card). It's been working fine ever since.
  4. weust

WTB Dell VTG23 iDrac 8 mounting bracket

I have. Checked several 3D printer sites like Printables and Thingiverse.. I'm into 3D printing myself so I know a bunch of those kinda of sites, and even searched for a model in general. If I could use CAD software properly, I would model it myself. It's not a very hard model to create, I think.
  5. weust

Not the plastic part itself. VTG23 is for the PCB and plastic part. Seems they were never offered separately.
  6. weust

I am looking for the plastic mounting bracket used with the Dell VTG23. VTG23 is the iDRAC 8 module used in, amongst others, the R230. Without it the iDRAC 8 module is very insecure in the server, so I would like to fix that. Hopefully someone can help me out. I am in The Netherlands, but...
  7. weust

Dell R230 fan amount

I have two Dell R230's. One I bought myself through a previous job I worked at, and it running great. The other has a faulty PSU, got it through the same previous job. The fine one has a HBA330 controller in the full height slot, hot plug backplane and 4 fans. The faulty one has a PERC 730 in...
  8. weust

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Wait, so it's a T620 Plus chassis, meaning extra wide, but doesn't have the riser card? That is very odd. Can't imagine a T620 Plus being sold without one. Would be pretty useless to have a expansion slot you can't use.
  9. weust

Return it and get your money back? It's basically false advertisement if he advertises a Plus model when it's not.
  10. weust

Just a quick insight: downloading (Steam game update) at around 75 to 80MByte/s utilizes the CPU at around 30%.
  11. weust

OpenVPN and DHCP should be no issue. And keep in mind my download (and upload) are 5 times yours ;-) Have fun.
  12. weust

I didn't say you can't? I don't do GNU/Linux if I can help it, but I have run OPNsense on ESX, Hyper-V and bhyve (FreeBSD) all just fine, with other VM's or jails on that host too. On my main server I have several jails including a dual jail setup with NSD, void-zone-toold and Unbound to no...
  13. weust

If you keep the machine as a hypervisor, don't dump other stuff on it, it should be fine. I run OPNsense bare metal on it for my 1Gbps fiber connection. No IDS/IPS and such, but I see about 50% CPU at max download.
  14. weust

Dell BOSS-S1 and non-Dell SSD/NVME drives

Whoops, wrong model. Part Number 72WKY does support NVME. Some can't find a specs page on it though. And yes, BOSS-S1 and -S2 only support SATA drivers.
  15. weust

Dell BOSS-S1 and non-Dell SSD/NVME drives

I was able to get an old R730xd from work and have the idea to add one or more BOSS-S1 card in. But I can't find whether they will accept non-DELL branded SSD/NVME drives. Anyone happen to know if that will work?