Recent content by webjunkie

1. W

Arista newer firmware version on upgraded DCS-7050S-64

I believe they removed support for the platform in newer versions of EOS, so even if you have upgraded the RAM/Storage of the switch, it still won't work because the underlying chips used in the switch are not supported.
  2. W

Recommendation for 48-port 10GBaseT switch?

I'm looking for a 48-port 10GBaseT switch. Inventories of my normal go-to models are pretty low or non-existent right now, so looking for alternatives. I have two use cases for these - one is iSCSI storage network for a SAN, and one is for standard server network traffic. Ideally looking for...
  3. W

Ultimate Home Data Center

@Patrick It would probably be way more economical to rent space in an existing data center. Most data centers also build out office space for disaster recovery or whatever, and they often will either bundle in some small amount of free space in a colo deal, or lease you some office or white...
  4. W

SOLVED (OLD Servers) - Two SuperMicro servers died without reason

Pretty common with X8 boards to just stop posting with the IPMI reporting "check feature cables" when trying to power on the board from IPMI. We've seen similar behavior from some Dell C6100 too, which are from the same era. It is likely that some component on the board failed.
  5. W

CentOS 8 to be discontinued at end of 2021

https://www.datacenterknowledge.com/open-source/cloudlinux-hopes-release-almalinux-its-centos-replacement-week
  6. W

2020 IPMI update for X9 boards! No more Java popup.

Just a word of caution: the X9 IPMI firmware are not universally compatible and can cause problems if used with the wrong boards.
  7. W

SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

FYI - from a few systems I've seen, it looks like BIOS version 2.0a is not impacted. We had a few still running that version.
  8. W

Per SuperMicro, updates for X9SPU-F and X9SCM-iiF will be posted tonight.
  9. W

I asked SuperMicro about this board as well. We have a few of them in service.
  10. W

I think you replied to the wrong thread. All of the boards impacted here are DDR3 ECC UDIMM.
  11. W

Supermicro iKVM on HTML5 on 9th gen. motherboards?

No, it started with X10 boards.
  12. W

SuperMicro emailed to report that the X9SCD update is posted and the X9SCE will be posted soon.
  13. W

IPMI On Supermicro X9 Boards

I would try reflashing the firmware without saving settings from the old, if you haven't done so already.
  14. W

It's a very similar board to the X9SCM-F, but it has different network adapters. X9SCM-F has one Intel® 82579LM NIC and one 82574L NIC X9SCM-iiF has dual Intel® 82574L NICs
  15. W

SuperMicro replied that they are expecting the X9SCM-iiF and Microcloud boards to be updated by January 22.