Recent content by wavejumper

1. W

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

As follow-up to the issue with the "device" symlink not being created and kernel messages I was facing. Two things I have figured out so far and wanted to share. The drives which have problems are specifically IBM branded Seagate ST10000NM0226 10TB SAS self encrypted drives with firmware ECG6...
  2. W

The sg_write_buffer method does not seem to work to load the modified firmware. It returns 0 like the command completed successfully. But after re-starting the enclosure, the image isn't there and reverts to what was already present. But before restarting the enclosure, it appears to be there...
  3. W

Thanks. I thought about a possible checksum issue when editing the firmware, so I only tried the xmodem based approach with _boot command and the serial cable using extraputty. Mainly because it had been previously mentioned that the xmodem method seemed void of any checking. And I wanted a...
  4. W

I have figured out how to get the SES EncServ bit to present as enabled (at least on an enclosure programmed as MD1200). So that /sys/class/enclosure gets populated by the Linux kernel. Short version: One bit in the MD12_106.bin firmware image that @fohdeesha shared in post #7 needs editing...
  5. W

Thanks for all of the work done and shared in this thread. We have used it in order to convert two old/unused MD3200i enclosures to MD1200 per the instructions and files here. But both enclosures have the same sas address and cannot be used together on the same host system. Both enclosures...