Recent content by Waterkippie

1. W

Cheap 8+ ports sfp+ - low noise

Seems it uses a Realtek RTL9303 chip, which actually is Layer 3 (there is also a Layer 3 model of this switch) and supports full 160Gbps switching: https://www.realtek.com/en/products/communications-network-ics/item/rtl9303-cg
  2. W

Samsung PM1735 - No drivers, no firmware found anywhere?

If you want PCI-E 4.0 try the Intel D7 series: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/213707/intel-ssd-d7-series.html Or their other series for PCI 3.x: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark.html#@PanelLabel83425
  3. W

Samsung PM1735 - No drivers, no firmware found anywhere?

Yeah it comes with both brackets. But i'd recommend buying something else. Something with support, drivers, documentation. This Samsung seems to have none and Samsung doesn't seem to care.
  4. W

About the Samsung PM1735

Yea the 5950X is much faster than the i9-7900X i had. No more CPU bottlenecks now, its combined with a RTX2080 Super and the GPU is the bottleneck now. (100% load in certain games instead of the CPU) The 5950X has 16 cores vs your 24 on the Xeon 8260M , but it's clock speeds are much higher so...
  5. W

About the Samsung PM1735

Using the P3700 1.6TB just as a regular workstation drive, doing webdevelopment, running vms, docker, etc. Some gaming. Was on X299 with Intel but upgraded to X570 and AMD 5950X now so going for the 980 Pro 2TB.
  6. W

About the Samsung PM1735

Been using a Intel P3700 now for 4 years on my developer workstation and its still 100%, only 150TB total reads/writes. I mean the newer MP600 Pro, it's of the same speed. Don't confuse with the original MP 600. And you are right, the 980 2TB is 1.2PB as well, it's listed incorrectly as 600TB...
  7. W

About the Samsung PM1735

I agree about getting something else for desktop usage. Problem with the 980 Pro is they switched to TLC instead of MLC for the 970 pro and it's endurance is much lower. Only 600TB. Even competitors like the WD SN850 are 1.2PB. Or Corsair MP600 Pro at 1.4PB. (Even though they also use TLC) Ah...
  8. W

ASRock Rack PAUL IPMI Card

@Yunochi please ask them they should really do something about making KVM work even when a discrete GPU is installed.
  9. W

The GUI looks exactly like the GUI that came with my Asus X299 PRO/SE which also has IPMI. And it also has the exact same problem that KVM does not work with a discrete graphics card installed, which makes it pretty useless in the case of a workstation. Also the GUI was full of warnings and...
  10. W

Would love something like this, any more info or documentation on it? Does it only work on certain Asrock boards or should it be universal?
  11. W

Zen3 reviews are out - hail the new King!

Don't go for Asus boards with IPMI, i have a Asus X299 PRO/SE motherboard which has IPMI and it's practically unusable, the GUI sucks, is very limited and full of bugs, hardly gets any updates. Also most of the sensor values don't even work, show weird values and alerts while nothing is wrong...
  12. W

PCI-e NIC which supports both SFP and SFP+ transceivers

Intel X520 can do this as well. Except (for some strange reason) it won't accept 1G SFP's in VMWARE. Also if you want it vendor-lock free, don't get an original Intel branded card from retail or DELL/HP, get a third party card with an original Intel X520 chip, they are vendor-lock free.
  13. W

Can I use a DAC with a X520-SR1

Should work fine!
  14. W

High Endurance M.2 (NVMe not sata) SSD?

No it's not, the new 980 Pro has TLC, unlike it's predecessor 970 Pro which was MLC. (And EVO series always were TLC)
  15. W

Samsung PM1733 NVMe Drive - Very Slow

Yea it just sucks Samsung provides no drivers, firmware or any support at all with these drives, yet most major retailers just sell them. I returned my PM1735 in the end. Such a shame Intel is going to stop making SSD's. Purchased a AMD platform with PCI-E 4.0 now and looking for a drive...