Recent content by vrod

1. vrod

EU [FS] Dell PowerEdge C6300 System with 4x C6320 Blades

Hi all, Selling 2 systems here.. System 1: HP Apollo 4510 Gen9 Sadly selling this as it's too big for the colo where I am. Can't get it into the rack because they have too little distance between the racks (see pic). Therefore looking to get a R740XD2. The system can hold up to 68x LFF...
  2. vrod

NVMe cabling on Supermicro H12SSW-NT

Yes I have to say that I like the simplicity of HPE/Dell/Lenovo. I have worked with that stuff much more. But I suppose once you get into the Supermicro stuff a bit, it gets easier as well.
  3. vrod

I just wanted to update topic, the new cable made the nvme's work :)
  4. vrod

Hey, I decided it might be a good idea to ask the supermicro support... Turns out that the CABL-SAST-0803 is only for SAS/SATA. The cable needed was the CBL-SAST-0826. I ordered it now and will check if it works... Then I will use the CABL-SAST-0803 for the onboard sata controller :)
  5. vrod

Hi folks, Managed to get an ep(y)c deal on a 1U Supermicro server. Now, I've had this brand before but it's been a while so I had to get familiar with the system again.. So here's my problem... System specs: - H12SSW-NT board with onboard slimsas for nvme - Chassis is a " SuperChassis...
  6. vrod

Need help sourcing lenovo sr950 power cable

Hi folks, i am in the situation that I need to source a power cable for the i/o tray in a lenovo sr950 server. We tasked our network tech with taking out some pcie-cards and he basically slammed the i/o tray back in so hard that it broke the molex connector. -.- repair has been to no avail and...
  7. vrod

What does Media and Data Integrity Errors mean?

You've had 8 unsafe shutdowns, as far as I remember, those 970 EVO drives get their speed from a cache where all data first gets written to. if the cache was handling data at the time of an unsafe shutdown, it could be that this data was then lost, thereby causing what you see, the Media/Data...
  8. vrod

EXPIRED UK P4510 2TB U2 new GBP 350 OBO - 260

Looks like there are several available from hong kong for under 300€. Is this a scam perhaps..?
  9. vrod

EU 196€ - 8TB 7,2k 3,5" LFF SAS 12G HDD HGST HUH728080AL5200 0F23268 -zero hours- -

Cheaper here. :) Hitachi HGST He8 8TB HUH728080AL5200 interne Festplatte 3,5 Zoll SAS3, 512e ISE | eBay
  10. vrod

Speedy NAS, help needed: Want 1.0GB/s

Then for my case, I will probably use the 900p for SLOG.... Not to run this topic off-track. :) I do still think that P3600 will suffice as a very good SLOG. Especially considering that the backend devices are HDDs and not SSDs
  11. vrod

I do have a 900p but as far as I know it does not have PLP like the P3600? But I’ve also heard that this isn’t actually needed?
  12. vrod

Unfortunately DHL decided to mess up my shipment of the rest of S4510’s so doesn’t look like I will get them before next week. I managed to setup a small 3 vdev striped pool with the P3600 as SLOG. Did a quick erase of the drive, achieved about 900MB/s. A dd with bs=1M on the created pool with...
  13. vrod

EU HP DL360P G8 (10gbps FLR Adapter)

Came across this and I believe that is actually not a bad deal? HP DL360p Gen8 / 8 x SFF, 2 x E5-2620, 16 GB, 530LFR, P420i-1GB, ILO4 Advanced | eBay Would buy them all if I had the use but (unfortunately :D) I do not.