Recent content by Vorwrath

1. V

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

No, I never got the I350-T4 working with the x16 riser on the P360. I eventually managed to obtain the x4 riser (5C50W00909) and that seemed to solve the problem, the NIC was immediately detected by the OS as expected (the system could just never see the card at all with the x16 riser). I've...
  2. V

Hmm, that's interesting. Maybe it's just the I350-T4 specifically that doesn't work then. I don't really understand why that would be - hopefully Lenovo will reply to Parallax's post in the thread on their forums with some more information on the reason.
  3. V

You can add the I350-T4 from the "Build your own" page for the P360 Tiny on Lenovo's UK site. It's a £160 option from them (under the "Networking" section). It's a bit confusing, since you have to pick one of the base models that doesn't come with a GPU in order for it to show up. At least for...
  4. V

I don't mind at all, it's all useful stuff to know, and I was done with that thread anyway. I wouldn't have thought they'd go to the trouble of making a proprietary T400, but without knowing why that incompatibility exists, I guess anything's possible. I wondered if maybe they'd linked some...
  5. V

I've got some new information on riser compatibility with the P360. Apparently only the new x4 riser (FRU 5C50W00909) will work with add-in NICs. I'm not sure why, but the x16 riser that comes with the system when you get a GPU (FRU 5C50W00910) doesn't work. I tried installing an I350-T4 with...
  6. V

UK Lenovo P360 Tiny I7-12700T £929.99 with code (Lenovo.com)

@Occamsrazor I did make a post in the other thread with some photos and some basic power consumption measurements. I think only the hypervisor would need to support the E cores in order to make use of them, but not 100% on that. 12th gen is a fairly substantial improvement, so even if the E...
  7. V

Took delivery of my new P360 Tiny with an i7-12700T yesterday, so posting a few pictures and details on that in case they're helpful to anyone. I've included a couple of pictures of the PCIe riser, so hopefully somebody can work out if it's the same or different to older models (I don't have an...
  8. V

@Occamsrazor I wouldn't say vPro was essential in a home environment, but it's a nice extra to have. If you're running a hypervisor like Proxmox, you can troubleshoot any problems with the VMs through its web interface, so vPro is only really useful for the initial install or if you have some...
  9. V

@Occamsrazor Yeah there are certainly plenty of good choices. I like the Intel NUCs as well, the NUC 8 I've got has served me well. Just fancied something a bit more powerful that I can add additional networking to. I'd like to try out virtualising a home router with OPNsense, so for me the PCIe...
  10. V

Stuff on the Lenovo website all seems to keep going on and off different promotions and coupon codes every few days. It's worth checking it periodically, it might not be too long before a similar deal (or one on a very similar system) comes up.
  11. V

They have the Q670 chipset, so don't support ECC RAM.
  12. V

The most common one is an Intel i350-T4 to get an extra 4 gigabit ports. That can be specced as an option when buying them from Lenovo, so there are rear brackets etc. to install them neatly available as parts. People have got them working with 10Gb cards too, but that takes a bit more...
  13. V

Currently 39% off the I7-12700T P360 Tiny with code "FLASHSALE", bringing the price down from an extortionate £1549.00 to a slightly more tempting £929.99. Lenovo.com link - might not last long as items seem to go in and out of their flash sales periodically. Comes with 16GB DDR5 RAM, a 1TB m.2...
  14. V

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

I dunno, there seem to be a lot of those Fujitsu D3045-A11 cards popping up on UK eBay lately as well, with many of them being "brand new" and suspiciously cheap. They look fairly convincing, but it's probably worth exercising some caution. Hard to know whether it's a new fake, or whether...
  15. V

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Can anyone measure the idle power consumption of the CWWK i226-V N5105 unit please? Ideally when running pfSense/OPNsense, but any data would be helpful. I'm looking at using one for an always on home router, so it makes sense to factor that in, particularly with the way electricity prices are...