Recent content by voltarc

1. V

[Need Recommendations] super cheap workstation "cluster"

Curious, what CAD and simulation packages are you running? I'm leaning toward you really should build a dedicated solver rather than try to run both solving and workstations on the same machine(s), it works but if you try going really intense with either it could end badly. Unless you do like...
  2. V

[Need Recommendations] super cheap workstation "cluster"

Might be a silly question, but what are you doing that you need a cluster? Will a single 16-core server not work for your needs?
  3. V

Quanta 2ML Render Farm - rack, 10 dual e5-2670 and 10Gb switch $3850

Using Sound Meter on my phone I got 75 - 80 dB when first turning on / fans at full, and 55 - 60 dB at idle, though since the phone isn't calibrated that should be taken as a ballpark. Not sure on power consumption, don't have a Kill A Watt yet. ADDED: Should note this is for a single 2ML, not...
  4. V

3D printing HP Non Hot-Swap drive trays

That's exactly what has me concerned, the rails are 2mm thick and 165.8mm long, there's a high potential for failure with the suggested printing method.
  5. V

3D printing HP Non Hot-Swap drive trays

Hey guys, been lurking for about a month and finally joined, have a bit of 3D printing experience so might be a bit of help here. I personally would not print the part as it is, there's enough going on that printing it would require a bunch of support material and may not come out well. If...