Recent content by vkEnthusiast

1. V

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Here are the numbers I got with 32c 7502 ES 54-04 on ROMED8-2T (BIOS v1.10, BMC 1.0), 2x32GB 3200MHz 2Rx4, air-cooling. It looks like the cpu's max freq was 3200MHz when I got it ootb, prior to applying any mods. I changed cTDP and Package Power Limit to 200W (path in BIOS: Advanced -> AMD CBS...
  2. V

S8030GM4NE-2T or ROMED8-2T with EPYC7262?

Is this now a ROMED8-2T users thread lol? I got ROMED8-2T + EPYC 7502 ES-04 about 2 weeks ago and so far it's been an interesting quest. FWIW I can confirm that it's running fine with ubuntu 18.04 using both 4.15 and 5.4 kernels. Could your issue be somehow linked to UEFI vs Legacy settings in...
  3. V

AMD Epyc 7502 (ES-04) + Asrock ROMED8-2T + Nemix ECC RDIMM - RAM not recognized

@larrysb thanks! I just tried replacing those 8x16 with a 2x32 Kingston KSM32RD4/32MEI and not only did it get recognized by bios right away but I also see what you meant by saying that the SPD data is missing. (screenshot attached) @jpmomo hey you mentioned that you have the same setup with...
  4. V

@amir_sta I couldn't open that url. It's been less than a week since I have it so hopefully other residents will drop a word or two as I'd be happy to hear about their unique experience with this creature lol. (unrelated to the cpu+mobo, if you're in Canada and will be ordering that cpu on eBay...
  5. V

Thank you guys for the feedback. I ended up reusing existing ubuntu 18.04 installation from a old pc - so far things look alright. Unrelated to the ram itself(might rename the thread to a "build log" later lol) but just wanted to share this story ... As I mentioned I updated BIOS to v1.30...
  6. V

Hmm it does boot off live Ubuntu. So it's just SPD and the ram itself is fine, right? Does this mean I shouldn't worry about its possible inauthenticity and there's no need to return it?
  7. V

Motherboard and ram(8x16GB DDR4 NEMIX 3200MHz Registered 2Rx8) are brand new. BIOS is updated to the latest v1.30. All dimms get recognized as 0GB even though the temperature reporting seems to work. Haven't contacted AsRock support yet, but just realised that I managed to get pretty much the...