Recent content by Vision 6D

1. V

Debian 8.3 installation in Virtual Box

Hello from Geneva Switzerland, while preparing for a new Linux training session I thought I could share the videos I’m preparing for the participants. In that one you can review /learn the installation steps for Linux Debian 8. I use Virtual Box like that you can also learn Linux if you have a...
  2. V

Virtual Box Log ● Collect Debug info

Hello, Since I needed to troubleshoot some installation problem with a a virtual machine (VM), I made a video to show some of the steps for a VM. you will need log files and some debugging information. You can learn how to prepare that information for support staff and how to look at some parts...
  3. V

Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows

At some point with VirtualBox I had a VM that needed more space. After looking around I found some way to do it. In this video you can learn /review how to increase your disk size on a windows host. The command to use is: VBoxmanage modifymedium D:\Nouveau dossier\cli-10\cli-10.vmdk –resize 50000
  4. V

Virtual Box ● Internal Network ● Explained

Hello, When I give trainings or I create test labs, I set the interfaces to internal. When you set the interfaces to internal, the VMs will be able to communicate with each other. But they will be isolated from the network outside VirtualBox. This is convenient for a test lab if you have two or...
  5. V

Nano Server Windows 2016 ● Installation ● 8 min

Hello alex1002, At this point I haven't done this test. May be you already know this document, but here below is a link to a document that was realy usefull to me and others where several ways to install is defined. The installation on physical disk is also present. Getting Started with Nano...
  6. V

Nano Server Windows 2016 ● Installation ● 8 min

How could you use a low footprint server like the Windows 2016 nano server from Microsoft? Windows 2016: One of the innovation on that system is the possibility to create a nano server with a realy small footprint. The idea is to generate a server with the minimum requirements. With this you...
  7. V

Bridged Network ● Virtual Box ● Explained

Hello, Currently I'm testing on Virtualbox Windows Server 2016. For this I had to use different network adapter configurations in the virtual box settings. I have created a short video on the Bridged configuration and I thought I could share the link with you.
  8. V

[ws2016] first installation of a nano server

Hello, With the version 2016 TP4 I found some time to test the installation of the nano server. I must say that I had issues with the networking part, that I consider a bit strange (unstable when passing from dhcp to fix IP). I have posted a video for the installation path I followed, if it can...