Recent content by victorhooi

1. V

10Gbase-T transceivers that support DDM (power/temperature) reporting?

Oh - that's very helpful. I can look into this - temporarily out of stock, but hopefully will come back soon. Just curious - have you only tested the 80m version? I've read elsewhere that 30m vs 80m - often the 30m use a lower-end/cheaper chipset (e.g. Marvell vs Broadcom) - curious if that...
  2. V

Thanks for the replies! However, I'm looking specifically at copper transceivers if possible. The Mikrotik S+RJ10 specifically mentions: - DDM monitoring (Supply Voltage, Module temperature) is now supported. Hence I'm wondering if anybody is aware of any other copper SFP+ transceivers that...
  3. V

Hi, Does anybody know what 10Gbase-T optics (transceivers) support any kind of DDM/DOM monitoring? I'm looking specifically at power/temperature metrics. A lot of the ServeTheHome reviews of the 10Gbase-T adapters seem to have stats on power consumption in watts - however, if you check with...
  4. V

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

Got it - thank you! Do you know what exactly DMA and Non-Transparency mean here? Are they a big deal, or worth getting?
  5. V

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

I'm looking at the x16 cards, that support 8 x U.2 drives. The OP has given two options - here and here - one is $277, the other is $135. Does anybody know what the difference between them is? They seem pretty comparable - so not sure why the price difference. The first one says it uses a...
  6. V

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thanks for the informative (and very long...haha) thread with good info. If we wanted a 48-port POE switch today, which would you pick between the 6610-48P and the 7250-48P? The 6610 seems to have the advantage of the 4 x 40Gbe QSFP ports (although not really sure how popular 40Gbe is these...
  7. V

256GB on Supermicro A2SDi-H-TF

I also appear to have encountered this issue. I had a SuperMicro A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F based system, running 1.1c of the BIOS. Al was well. Then I tried to upgrade to 1.2 and now it appears to constantly bootloop :(. Does anybody know where I can download the 1.1c BIOS to try a downgrade? I like...