Recent content by Vertigo1

1. V

How to make the most of a 1.15Gbps (Gig1) Virgin Media ISP

I gave up on it myself. Found that, whilst it worked fine, it only lasted a short time and, after a few hours the speeds would drop back to around 950Mbps max, obviously only utilising a single link. More trouble than it's worth for the marginal increased speed. I was only getting 1100Mbps...
  2. V

Thanks, yeah I'm using pfSense. Had to reboot everything earlier for another reason and it's back to full strength so I'll keep an eye on it.
  3. V

I seem to be having an issue whereby the aggregation is 'flaky'. Sometimes it works fine and I get full speed, other times, during big downloads, I'll see the speed fluctuate between the 'full' 1100+ and about 950Mb, which is too coincidental for me and suggests the aggregation has failed and...
  4. V

FWIW, after an earlier snafu on my part (which I posted about here but deleted when I realised my mistake), I've got this working with pfSense now. Having proven the concept, I've reverted back to my old set up for the time being as I'm waiting for a VM engineer on Tuesday to relocate the cable...
  5. V

Can anyone recommend a cheapish switch with a 10GBe uplink that would be capable of connecting to the hub via a pair of 1Gb connections in LAGG. I don't need a router, I already have that, I just need a switch that can basically convert from 2 x 1Gb LAGG to 1 x 10GBe.