Recent content by uldise

1. U

Recommended self-hosted VPN software for smallest latency penalty

i started with userspace WireGuard-go until i got it working. after that i switched to kmod package.
  2. U

so, thank you all for feedback. i finally have a time to experiment with OpnSense + Wireguard in Proxmox VM, and after all configuration issues, it works just fine. Latency now is much better - 30ms without tunnel and 40ms with Wireguard tunnel.
  3. U

HPE FexFabric 5700 32x10GbE RJ45, 8x10G SFP+, 2x40G QSFP+

keep in mind that Norway is not in EU, so please remove the label. if you import goods from Norway to EU, then you pay additional Customs and VAT too.
  4. U

PCIe Gen 4 bifurcation risers and NVMe SSDs

it really depends on motherboard used. how many PCIe slots it have, and which ones. so for example, look at this Supermicro system(but it's for 2x 48Lanes CPU) 2029UZ-TN20R25M | 2U | SuperServers | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. there are 20 x4 NVME drives = 80 Lanes in without PCIe...
  5. U

Thanks for response. in my case VPN endpoint and destination is on the same LAN. so in LAN there should be almost no latency at all. or am i missing something? thanks for your link. i considered Zerotier once, but never implemented it to test..
  6. U

Hi, i'm not sure, where to ask, but i'm looking for suggestion of VPN software for smallest latency penalty. i know, every VPN solution adds some latency, but i'm wondering about a solution with smallest added value. average latency to my internet site without VPN is about 30ms average(4G...
  7. U

Struggling to get Proxmox booting via NVME on a SuperMicro server .. all help appreciated

don't waste your PCIe port. previous option should work just fine, just get proper cables :)
  8. U

PCIe Gen 4 bifurcation risers and NVMe SSDs

i have that card and it works very well on my AMD Epyc system. each x4 NVME disk needs four lanes. if you see cards, like HighPoint SSD 7580, then it have like a pcie switch chip on it. so, you should ask yourself - what's a goal for all this - just to connect all drives and then suffer from...
  9. U

Gen4 U.2 NVMe Drives - How to connect to motherboard?

this is not 'passive' as it have PEX88048 PCIe Gen 4.0 switch chip. https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/nvme-switch-adapter/pcie-gen-4-switch-adapter/p411w-32p
  10. U

if you can live with gen3, i just finished similar setup with gen3 oculink card, see here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/supermicro-h12ssl-i-h12ssl-c-h12ssl-nt-h12ssl-ct-boards-notes-experiences.33468/post-310770
  11. U

try to find some SM retailer and ask for it, it should be available.. and i think it comes with both brackets. and yes, this one will work with motherboard bifurcating.
  12. U

this one? AOC-SLG4-4E4T | Add-on Cards | Accessories | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc. i don't know if this is what you mean "passive"..
  13. U

i don't think so.. for Gen4 SlimSas is all the way..
  14. U

Need Supermicro replacement parts, where to get for reasonable price

as far as i know, no. i always use 4Pin PWM Noctua fans. with 3pin fans you can reduce the fan speed with low noise adapter cable that comes with most Noctua's, until you use industrial series. last time i purchased 3Pin Industrial Noctua fans by mistake - they can work at one speed only. if...