Recent content by typek

1. T

EU EU/Ger - Quanta TS42-2U 4node scalable (pure compute)

Maybe they do send it on a pallet. Had a Supermicro 4U server shipped on a palette once.
  2. T

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Thanks, that helped during the setup. Used this from the OS afterwards: GitHub - odarriba/huawei-ibmc-fan-control: Systemd service to manually control fan speeds using iBMC in Huawei servers Looking for this now too..
  3. T

Pulled out all PCIe cards. Good question about the CPUs. I installed 2x E5-2690 v4 which have TDP 135W. That might be the cause of alarms according to iBMC. Are there other fans for this server? EDIT: Was told there are fans 02310YKP for TDP 135W+. Yeah, my cable was other way around. Bough an...
  4. T

Done that now, no change. I can confirm all 4 fans are working though. Thanks, at least the video output seems to be the normal behavior for these then. Good tip with remote management. I'm picking up an old 19" LCD display for 7 eur in an hour which has a VGA port. So hopefully gonna see...
  5. T

Bought one of these, hooked it up and I'm getting F01 - F02 - F03 - F04 error on the front LED panel when I start it. Not getting any video output - using VGA -> HDMI cable with my TV. So not sure whether the server is not outputting any video yet because of the error or if the cable setup...
  6. T

EU A UK deal 4 Node, 2U, 8 -2670, 64GB.... (11 Available)

Thanks Ronan, AXXRMM4LITE should be the correct one for these nodes.
  7. T

Thanks, I'll check later. I did buy it from that seller. BMC is working from LAN1. On the other hand it seems that it can be set up to use LAN2 if you want. RAMs in mine are M393B1K73CHD-YF8 - Samsung 1066 MHZ.
  8. T

I ran a stress test which gave me 350W under the full load. What I noticed is that I can't launch "Console redirection" from the BMC web interface. Is there some setting that disables it or is it a different problem?
  9. T

Yes, it is 4 separate "servers" (nodes) sharing chasis and PSU. Each node has access to 3 disks. If you want to know anything, let me know. I have one sitting on my table, just didn't have enough time to play around with it too much yet :) As mentioned above, I can confirm that it's PSU fans...
  10. T

$49.99 FS from Israel Intel DC S3500 240GB 2.5"

In my case all went good and I received a working 480 GB sata ssd. Even managed to provide edited prove of payment to customs and avoided paying any import duty and VAT.
  11. T

Sun Fire X4150 updates

Is there anyone here who has access to the latest bios and ILOM updates and is kind enough to share them with me?
  12. T

$49.99 FS from Israel Intel DC S3500 240GB 2.5"

Did not see that coming. Nope, my grandma is not that equipped :) If it's SAS, I'll put it in of of my servers to run useless non critical stuff from it.
  13. T

How much bandwidth have you used over the last month at home? Feb 2016 edition

Well, they've been selling huge variety of internet/phone/tv packages over the years. Now they decided to unite them into new packages. Some people got increased speed for less money, most people got increased speed for more money and I got lower speed for more money :mad: The second best...