Recent content by tx12

1. T

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Usually its a software-only fault. Even then you sure-erase on gen3 to get rid of LEB map errors, you'll probably end up with present, but empty (thus, invalid) lebmap. Factory tools like nucleon or fio-fbb should be able to recreate LEB-maps. The main idea is to exclude factory bad blocks and...
  2. T

Need Firmware for Samsung PM863a (GXT5404Q)

I'd like to double that and to ask someone with access to NetApp support to get HCI Storage Firmware Bundle: https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/products/all/details/element-software/downloads-tab/download/62654/Storage_Firmware_Bundle It should contain GXT5404Q SSD firmware (among some other...
  3. T

Fusion IO Dell Firmware replaced with Sandisk FW Card stuck at minimal Mode

LEB map shouldn’t be missing even after a downgrade. This indicates something was done wrong IMO. However, if drive data is not needed to be restored, reformatting may be a way to restore lebmap on gen2. Certainly not possible on gen3, btw. I would not try to reformat until I’ll be sure that...
  4. T

Was you finally able to re-flash both controllers successfully? If not, repeat flashing on the failed part. You need both parts to reflash successfully. If you have other errors, be sure to post full fio-status -a output.
  5. T

Unfortunately, without your modified info file it’s not possible to be sure what‘s gone wrong with your drive. My best guess is incorrect modification. If so, this command should help. But if the midprom data was really lost, it’s much worse. I know no easy fix for erased midprom.
  6. T

It should force PA to the given value instead of trying to read it from the midprom. Please use the PA from my previous message, it’s expected to match your drive.
  7. T

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Looks like it's back!
  8. T

Note what your FFF file may be "fusion_3.2.11-20150618.fff" or "fusion_3.2.16-20180821.fff" - actual firmware revision would be the same (only some unrelated uefi rom files are different between these versions). The latter file wasn't released for Windows, so you'll may only have the first one.
  9. T

It could be dangerous, but you can try something like this: fio-update-iodrive.exe fusion_3.2.16-20180821.fff -f -d /dev/fct0 -P PA004134003 and save or screenshot tool output. It may end up with a failure first. If it fails after some significant waiting time and non-zero progress percents...
  10. T

It’s possible what OP has the wrong firmware flashed by INFO modification and midprom data is still there but inaccessible. Flashing back to the right firmware should be possible, at least under Linux. Windows procedure would be much more obscure but may also work.
  11. T

Please post your PA and modified INFO file (or it’s modified section)
  12. T

Do you have a fio-status -a (of a working device) output before this failure?
  13. T

I’m not sure how the driver reports are made on Windows. Maybe you can catch some data in event viewer. Do do have your original part numbers recorded (some dump from fio-status should have this info)? Can you post here your modifications made to INFO file?
  14. T

If your card was all good before updating the firmware, it’s possible that the selection of original FW was done wrong (with incorrect model selected), so an access to midproms was lost. Need to see dmesg for details