Recent content by TvdH

1. T

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

I did look at the N305 it was under the chipset menu, if I remember correctly. Will check on the N5105, will report back later.
  2. T

EU NL/BE ONLY: Radeon Pro VII €329

Just noticed that the price has dropped to 329 from 349.
  3. T

I have both a CWWK N5105 V5 and a CWWK N305 V2. In the BIOS of the N5105 I there should be an pootioin somewhere to disable the startup beep, as I did disable mine. Did not disable it on the N305 yet.
  4. T

Currently my CWWK N305 (V2) with the NVMEx4 expansionboard is causing my ram-memory to overheat quite severely: 137 degrees Celcius. This happens when running memtest and at these temps memory issues seem to ocure. Not sure yet that the temperature is the cause of the errors, or that it is that...
  5. T

My CWWK N305 arrived! It's the model with the 4x NVME expansion card and with the red USB on the front. Packed it up with 48GB of ram and 5x 4TB SSD's, and was ready to go! That's where the fun part endend... I'm having a hard time configuring the system BIOS for use with Proxmox. Especially...
  6. T

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

I was chatting with them about this model: https://cwwk.net/products/12th-gen-intel-firewall-mini-pc-alder-lake-i3-n305-8-core-n200-n100-fanless-soft-router-proxmox-ddr5-4800mhz-4xi226-v-2-5g?variant=44913428594920 The page is not showing the V2 (yet). My previous order for a N5105 did include...
  7. T

Best low power 10G SFP+ NIC for Windows?

I'm looking for a similar option, will look into the X710-DA2 or Dell's equavelent as well. Thank's for posting an update!
  8. T

I contacted CWWK last night and got a response: Hi CCWK! I'm looking to buy another mini PC: the new N305 model with 4x I226-V 2.5G ports, with the 4*M.2 option. I've seen some rumours online that there is a V2.0 version around which has more USB on the front. Is this correct? Are there...
  9. T

Are you talking about CWWK? I'm currently looking at their N305 model with the additional nvme expansion card. Not seeing a V2 (yet).
  10. T

I have been looking in the N100 series from Asrock as well. This Asus one is new to me, but it seems to have only 1x M.2 NVME (2 lanes) and only a single lane PCIE slot :(
  11. T

Due to good results with my CWWK N5105 at ~9W (Proxmox, 64GB, 2xNVMe), I'm condering an additional one based on the N100 as an NVMe based low power NAS. Thinking about the N100 CW-AL-4L variant, which is the one with an M.2 x4 port. Will use the additional adapter board 1x4 to 4x1 to support 4...
  12. T

What made you switch the NVME to a different slot? And to which one? My P3 ssd is coming in today and then my CWWK N5105 V5 might be ready to go Edit: I missed your previous post. You moved it from the center adapterboard to the side port to not use the adapter.
  13. T

I recently discovered the new(ish) V5 mini pc models on the website of CWWK. Currently looking into the N5105 model over the N6005 due to power consumption differences. As I was not sure about the M.2 NVME slots on this model, due to one being listed but the upgrades describing a fix for the...
  14. T

edited

Well it's a Dutch ebay link, but this united states seller is selling for around 80 USD: HP Gigabit Ethernet Quad Port Network Adapter Card 436431-001 NC364T HSTNS-BN26 | eBay When you sum up your usb-setup costs and compare it to the ebay object, you would find out that it is cheaper and will...
  15. T

edited

Well, you also have to think about performance. Most (if not all) Intell network controllers do something called 'cpu offloading'. Which means that it prevents the CPU from being used for handling all the network traffic. USB is being processed by the processor at default which have a few...