Recent content by Tuvar

1. T

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Pulled working, but no heatsink. It might have come off at some point but I dunno. I'm not opposed to replacing it but I can't seem to find a stock one. Googling seems to lead to a lot of CPU heatsinks but I guess I'm not using the right keywords.
  2. T

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I'll be using a Rosewill 4U rack case once I receive some HDD bays then transplant over the parts from a 2U case. I have multiple head sinks at least a dozen are out of servers so I can machine them. It's likely easier to buy small sinks like the ones you see for RPi, but I don't think they...
  3. T

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Mine is indeed missing, any recommendation on finding a new one or a alternative solution? I'm not opposed to a little hillbilly engineering but I figure why reinvent the wheel if I don't need to. Do you have any experience in ES/QS vs retail and which is better or easier to OC? I'd like to...
  4. T

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Sorry, Supermicro H11DSi
  5. T

Overclock your AMD Epyc

How are people keeping their VRM's cool? Should I try the small heatsinks and paste them to each vrm and add airflow to it or is there a better alternative?
  6. T

Overclock your AMD Epyc

Sorry, I should have clarified. I know it'll work, but it looks like there had been some attempts to use the Rev 2 board with the process above. It was left showing unverified so I was curious if that was still the case or if I should roll the dice and just see if I can get it working. I'm not...
  7. T

Overclock your AMD Epyc

This is a lot of info to take in, so before I make an attempt was anyone able to get the H11DSi revision 2 to work with Naples? I have a pair of Epyc 7601's I'd like to try and OC. Is it safe to say that if I make a mistake I can reload the original bios from IPMI? With 22 pages and counting I...
  8. T

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Is this windows only? I'm running on Linux right now.
  9. T

[Solved] Need help selecting a rack mount chassis

That's an ATX, but I found an EATX and ordered it. Thank's for the advice
  10. T

I have this one Bookmarked, just no time to look at it yet. Thanks
  11. T

Awesome Thank You
  12. T

I looked at these and my PS has the 120mm, but I'm not opposed to cutting a hole in the chassis and then putting a grill cover over it.
  13. T

Will this work on Naples, specifically a non ES/QS specifically a 7601
  14. T

I bought a iStarUSA-200D that I liked really well except it was only for ATX and not EATX. Do those cases have a ATX power supply or are they along the lines of a Poweredge server?
  15. T

I have a workstation motherboard that's EATX and I want to find a 2u rack mount chassis for it. I'd be using the standard ATX power supply and while I can find a lot of ATX and Mini ATX I'm finding a narrow field of options for my needs. A nice to have would be a PCIe riser card so I can mount a...