Recent content by Tun

1. T

Questions re: Norco RPC-2212

Noise: The PSU is a bit high pitched noise from and no fan controll to adjust it. The CPU fan is at level 4 in the bios at default (from 1 to 9, where 9 is full speed). This makes it not audible against the PSU fan, and keeps the CPU temp at 33 when idle. The 4 chassis fans makes "wosh" sounds...
  2. T

I know you went with the 4U chassis, but if anyone searches for the answer I thought I'll paste my last reply to this here as well. Merry Christmas. Just a short note to confirm that the Norco RPC-2212 with the new RL-26 rails fits the StarTech 4POSTRACK25. It was confusing when the rails...
  3. T

Racking a Norco 4220

Merry Christmas. Just a short note to confirm that the Norco RPC-2212 with the new RL-26 rails fits the StarTech 4POSTRACK25. It was confusing when the rails didn't look at all like the rest of the RL-26 seen on the web. And the little knob to press to release is lokated (and designed) in...
  4. T

SFF-8448 sideband signals - what is it for?

Not sure... But take a look here (search for your backplane part number and read the pdf). http://www.chenbro.com/corporatesite/service_download_result.php?mk=14&sk=&type=pro You'll see two 4pin connectors, marked CN3 and CN4. Check your raid card to see if this is what the 2x4pin connectors are...
  5. T

SFF-8448 sideband signals - what is it for?

The sideband cables are used to connect the controller to a managed backplane or disk enclosure, so that it can monitor the controller as well as the disks.
  6. T

norco 2212 bay numbering, or dead backplane

Got it working at last. (but got new bugs) Not sure if you understand me, cause I know of the options to select boot device and the F11 and all. The problem was that none of the attached devices showd up so I could select them. Until I got a verifyed clear of the bios. Not sure if I should...
  7. T

Yes I've figured it out. But all of a sudden the board doesn't see any usb keys connected (either to the usb2 or usb3) in the bios, and thus I'm not able to select usb as a boot device. Both usb2 and usb3 is enabled in bios, and I've tried all combinations of legacy support and those things. I...
  8. T

Short answer: ASMedia ASM1061 The complete setup: There are 10 sata ports. Two sata3, (sata3_0 and sata3_1) provided by the Intel Z68 according to the user manual. And four sata3, (sata3_a1, sata3_a2, sata3_a3 and sata3_a4) provided by ASMedia ASM1061 according to the user manual. Then there is...
  9. T

Short update here. The "number 1" drive is the one to the right for each row, viewd from the front. The cable seems ok, and the backplane too, I got it to install and boot fine. The trouble seems to be in the bios. Don't know what's the use with so many onboard sata ports when we can't use...
  10. T

Silly question I guess but here goes... On my norco rpc-2212, which hdd bay is number 1? The backplane got three sff-8087, one on top of the other so I guess that the bottom one takes care of the 4 hdd bays in the bottom, then the next one for the 4 in the middle, and the top one for the...
  11. T

Thanks, It's on its way again now and I should have it by friday. I ordered some cables from LSI, friday evening from San Jose, CA and last night they were in Norway (I should have them by the end of the day). That's how things are supposed to work! No words yet on the 4postrack25 other than I...
  12. T

I can't tell you what to do, but I can provide you with all the information that I got so that you'll be able to take your own choices. Today the tracking of my norco-rpc2212 from the norco European distributor (ri-vier.nl) was sent back from customs in northern Germany, to ri-vier as far as I...
  13. T

Hi cpotter638, I'll return with this info as soon as I get the 4postrack25 and the 2212, your rack should be ok as long as it follows the eia-rs-310c/d standard. Noise shouldn't be a problem, the 2U size psu has large enough fans to not generate high pitch noise and the chassis fans you can...
  14. T

Racking a Norco 4220

Hi cputter638, I'll read your other thread too, and sorry if I've hijacked this one with my 2212 and other topics. And yes, I'll post back here my findings regarding racking the 2212 with the "new" RL-26 rails. The 4postrack25 is delayed and I doutbt it will be here before the weekend. The...
  15. T

Racking a Norco 4220

Thanks mobilenvidia, I won't do any RAID with the cards so I'll stick to the 9211 if I understand you correctly. Also, I've got a vital feedback on the Asus card. No vt-d. So I've changed the motherboard to an ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3. That takes care of the LSI problem too.