Recent content by tRens

1. T

EXPIRED Hyve "S-SKUD 2" - 1U, 8x LFF SATA6, 2x LGA 3647 Skylake-SP, 2x PCIe x16, 2x OCP PCIe x8 w/2x 25Gbps Connectx-4 installed - $149 + Shipping

So I have an old Cisco UCS C240 M3 Server 2x E5-2680 128gb ram. My question is would it be worth it to pick one of these up at this price to replace my dated server? (are there better options out there that would be in the same price range) This just seems like a huge step up. thanks.
  2. T

EXPIRED Hyve "S-SKUD 2" - 1U, 8x LFF SATA6, 2x LGA 3647 Skylake-SP, 2x PCIe x16, 2x OCP PCIe x8 w/2x 25Gbps Connectx-4 installed - $149 + Shipping

does this mean anything? https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=20edfbf60b found this searching for this board and 8124m.. was wondering if you could modify the vrm code to support 255w.
  3. T

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

[mgmtd.WARNING]: Exit code 1 from /sbin/get_layout_disks.sh: /sbin/get_layout_disks.sh: line 14: /etc/layout_settings.sh: No such file or directory [mgmtd.ERR]: md_system_iterate_disk(), md_system.c:2973, build 1: Unexpected NULL I keep seeing this from the sx6018 all 205 pages after running...
  4. T

So, from my recent experience of getting the 6018 flashed and working. The files in in files-needed-for-conversion.zip are for 3.6.1002 -> MLNX-SwitchX2 directory is in the archive. Step.1: I believe you're correct and those two files where extracted from the MLNX-OS 3.6.8012 .tgz /boot/...
  5. T

Want to say thank you to everyone in this thread and special thanks to OP. My question is it bad to have rw saved via saveenv after following all of the steps? setenv jffs2_args 'setenv bootargs root=${rootdev} rootfstype=jffs2 rw reset_button=${reset_button} ${image_kernel_args}...
  6. T

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

I just want you all to know this thread has been a great help!! In two ways.. helping find / update / setup my new (to me) Aruba s2500 and in the second way of making the wife angry at all of the new computer hardware showing up.. hehe ;) Thank you!
  7. T

So I couldn't take the sx6018 and breakout one of its ports to the aruba sfp 10gb ports? then run my rj45 to everything else?
  8. T

yeah, i realized that after i posted that.. dammit. i made a huge mistake .. i obviously got too excited. I suppose they will still work as intended. So I bought an Aruba S2500-24P so that would allow me to aggregate my nas's 2 or maybe 4 of its 1g ports into the aruba and then connect that to...
  9. T

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

would this work on a 9271-8i?