Recent content by Trebor

1. T

What version of Ubuntu are you running for mining?

I am running 17.10 on my workstation, but only mine on it for testing. Being this bleeding edge has made compiling wallets and daemons a bit interesting. :) My miners run Debian 9...except the one with the Vega, I won't admit what that one runs.:eek:
  2. T

[Software] -- Electroneum Daemon sucks -- ideas?

Now it appears there may be a stuck blockchain... Block 179840... • r/Electroneum
  3. T

Another new coin that I mined for fun, talk about a ride.

Some fork drama today. All settled now, but my payout from turtlepool.space took about a 15% hit because of it.
  4. T

Monero Mining Performance

Hmm, I'm getting 1260 on a pair. I wonder what I'm doing right. ;) All cores and threads enabled, 24 threads total, 10 cores and two hyperthreads per socket. xmr-stak, linux, no NUMA stuff other than the thread assignments. Are your hyperthreads not 2 each per socket, maybe?
  5. T

Do you get more than 630 per 2680v2?
  6. T

Cryptopia...

They are in New Zealand...perhaps you need to put in your international format phone number?
  7. T

Mining is thought to continue to be incentivized with transaction fees.
  8. T

Intel Xeon E5-2680v2

I just got 16x 2680 v2 @ $170...decided not to be too aggressive with the best offer and it was accepted quickly. As to value, they're going into empty sockets in my case, not replacing v1's. Some other v2's might have somewhat better performance per $ when just considering the CPU, but I...
  9. T

Cheap RX 460/550/560 fun

I can't squeeze more than 288 H/s (cryptonight, not lite) out of my Visiontek 550. That's just playing with xmr-stak settings, though, not messing with freq and voltage (yet). On Debian 9 with the latest AMDGPU-pro driver. Also, I'm a bit disappointed in my 570. It's a Sapphire Pulse ITX...
  10. T

Performance hit for Intel systems on the way...

There are two distinct attacks, "Meltdown" and "Spectre". "Meltdown" is unique to Intel, but "Spectre" is more general. Meltdown and Spectre
  11. T

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

I just noticed that there are at least two different "Runing" boards. The one in e97's post is more fully-featured than mine (more PCIe and memory slots).
  12. T

Cheap chinese x79 mobos

I got an S30 Socrates 1.0 board via Ebay and could not get it to work. On briefly jumpering the power-on pins, the numeric LED display briefly flashes something and the CPU fan does a partial rotation, then nothing. Ebay seller claims "tested" (I guess that doesn't necessarily mean "test...