Recent content by traderjay

1. traderjay

New EPYC 7402P Build (256GB RAM) and just got a Asserted Correctable ECC error...

So my new TruenAS rig with the following spec just threw an ECC error... CPU - EPYC 7402P – 24 core RAM - 256GB DDR4 ECC RAM MOBO - ASROCK EPYCD8 I read a few threads here and it indicates failing or bad RAM..so I guess the best steps would be to run memtest and keep an eye on the system to see...
  2. traderjay

SOLVED: Anyway to improve the performance of new TrueNAS rig (EPYC 7402P)

THANKS all for the suggestions. I solved my issue by creating a 3 x 2(disk) mirror and now I am able to edit and scrub the footage smoothly! Performance went up by ALOT!
  3. traderjay

How do I apply this patch to Truenas and any data integrity risks?
  4. traderjay

The R5 has two 8K RAW file type, light and full res. The RAW light bitrate is around 1700mbps. Thanks for your finding and test!
  5. traderjay

Sorry i should be clearer in my first post. My 8K RAW footage is from the Canon R5 mirrorless and the bitrate is only 1700 mbps or around 220MB/s
  6. traderjay

I am just testing it with one single 8K Raw clip and the playback is choppy. My projects are not complex.
  7. traderjay

My editing PC has 4090, 64GB DDR5 ram and 7950X3D so that rig is not holding the performance back.
  8. traderjay

Thanks all for the replies. The thing is video editing doesn't need too much random IOPs since it's just a large chunk of sequential file? Guess I am SOL lol... The thing is my read speed is great and I figured when editing on davinci resolve that matters more...
  9. traderjay

THANKS all for the suggestions. I solved my issue by creating a 3 x 2(disk) mirror and now I am able to edit and scrub the footage smoothly! Performance went up by ALOT! So just recently built a new TrueNAS core rig with the following spec: CPU - EPYC 7402P – 24 core RAM - 256GB DDR4 ECC RAM...
  10. traderjay

Truenas core hardware change from Intel XEON to EPYC question

Thanks all - the switch was a success!
  11. traderjay

FS: [US-CA] SFF 750W, NR200P & Q58 ITX cases

Check PM, I want the EPYC combo :)
  12. traderjay

Ethernet over Coax or gigabit fibre adapter

Is the coax pre-wired? Look for Moca 2.5 adapters and they can sustain 1 gbps + or even 2.5 Gbps
  13. traderjay

Truenas core hardware change from Intel XEON to EPYC question

Hey guys - hashwell quad core XEON with 16GB of RAM is really limiting my TrueNAS performance so I am going to switch the an EPYC based rig with 256GB of RAM. Just wondering though will the data in my RAIDZ2 arrays remain intact if I do the board swap?
  14. traderjay

FS: [US-CA] SFF 750W, NR200P & Q58 ITX cases

Hey where are you based? Is the SYS-530A-IL ECC RAM?
  15. traderjay

(FS)(US-NJ) Buffalo TeraStation NAS

bump for a great seller!