Recent content by traderjay

1. traderjay

Canada WTB Dual Socket EPYC motherboard with Rome support

I need a dual socket epyc board to complete my build and hope one of you have a board to spare!
  2. traderjay

Can the H11DSi fit two Dark Rock Pro TR4 heatsink...

I am preparing the build of a dual CPU EPYC Rig and the only motherboard choice is the H11DSi...I am wondering if the board will have spacing issues with two dark rock pro heatsink - be quiet! I currently have the single socket EPYC board with one Dark Rock Pro.. will probably have to look and...
  3. traderjay

FS: 12TB HGST SATA (cold spare) + Bonus

Is this still available?
  4. traderjay

Canada WTB - 6TB+ Workstation/Server SATA drives

Anyone here has good drives on sale? Would like to get them for backup and store my huge 8K Raw video files.
  5. traderjay

Dual AMD EPYC 7742 workstation build

I currently use the dark rock pro 4 TR edition for the my EPYC 7702 and it is VERY VERY quiet with no ram clearance issues.
  6. traderjay

Payback is a B**** for Intel - 7nm process is so broken its not even funny...

Of course they cannot sustain an all out price war with AMD. Over the years, they got comfortable charging insane prices to pad their exec compensation and share buybacks, plus sustaining a very bloated organization. Their gross margin is already shrinking as a result of the price war. AMD over...
  7. traderjay

Payback is a B**** for Intel - 7nm process is so broken its not even funny...

Time to pop some champagne - first I sold my Dual XEON platinum rig using the ancient process for more $$ than I paid over a year ago...which allowed me to fully fund my EPYC 64 core ROME rig. Second, Intel 7 nm process is so broken beyond repair.... when AMD launches Milan...thats when the...
  8. traderjay

64 Cores of EPYC Goodness

make sure you provide some airflow to the RAM.
  9. traderjay

Canada FS: ASUS Rog Strix RTX 2080 Ti o11g gaming GPUs 3 pieces

Up for sale are my RTX 2080 Tis. One has its original box and the two other GPUs are card only. All GPUs are less than one year old and used in video editing workstations with very good cooling and never overclocked. PRICE - USD$1350 Shipping to Canada and USA is USD$35. Please contact me for...
  10. traderjay

Sorry I just saw this. You need to download the windows version here - ipmiutil - IPMI Management Utilities Unzip it to a folder on lets say C drive root directory and use command line. So lets say you create a folder on C drive: C:ipmi you need to do the following when running command prompt...
  11. traderjay

thanks for the update, so you are missing two more sticks? Please update the benchmarks when you get all the channels populated. Your CPU mark should be higher than mine when all channels are populated. My score is 70352 with 8X8GB PC2400 DDR4 ECC
  12. traderjay

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Can you overclock retail Rome chips?
  13. traderjay

My fully portable AMD Ryzen 3950X Workstation Build Complete

Ah ok - too big of a download but there are plenty of benchmarks out there for the 3950x with the same demo.