Recent content by TRACKER

1. T

Bricked Oracle F40 card but I have another working one.

i assume you performed completed power cycle (power off and power on), right?
  2. T

High temp reported on MCX4121A-ACAT

One more thing, i found also the error logs from the time when i bought the card (Jan 2023) and even then i was getting temp related warning, which means back then temp report should have been around 105°C (that's the temp when warning message is generated in system log). I don't think if real...
  3. T

yes, i forgot to mention that. When i swap the cards, situation stays the same. The card which is "overheating" still reports temp over 100°C. Non-overheating card reports normal temps ~75°C
  4. T

I've re-pasted the card. There was some pink-ish paste, cleaned it up and used new "some brand" paste :) (i think cooler master brand). no change... dev.mce.0.hw_temperature: 102000 dev.mce.1.hw_temperature: 102000 dev.mce.2.hw_temperature: 73000 dev.mce.3.hw_temperature: 73000
  5. T

yes, that will be next thing i will check, but i need to have downtime for the machine, so it won't be today :)
  6. T

I've measured temps of the running system with thermal imager and temps are similar (+/- 1 to 2°C) Card 1 had temp on heat sink 65°C, card 2 - 64°C. So it seems card 1 temp sensor is showing wrong temp of 105°C Clearly visible are the sfp+ modules (red on the left), their temp was around 46°C.
  7. T

Intel X520-DA1 prices have dropped!

no free return where i live, anyway, i will keep the module, price is too good for it, 6 euro with delivery :) i guess it was mistake on seller side to describe product as 'nic + sfp' but it was limited offer and only 1 per customer so i thought - what a bargain. Of course this is aliexpress and...
  8. T

update on my order - finally i got the package and it contains SFP+ module only. Had a chat with seller - he claims order was for SFP module only, but i have invoice stating contents should be NIC + SFP module. Opened dispute with ali for refund.
  9. T

i did not try to swap them yet. Next week will test what will be temps if i swap the nics.
  10. T

Chasis: Cooler Master Centurion Silencio RC-550-KKN1 Mobo: SM X10SRI-F CPU: Intel Xeon 2667 v4 RAM: 4x16GB DDR4 2400MHz 1) 4xNVMe -> temps around 45°C idle, 55°C under load 2) 2xNVME -> temps around 45°C idle, 55°C under load 3) LSI SAS 2308 -> temps unknown 4) Broadcom 57810 2x10Gbps, temps...
  11. T

Hello folks, i have the following situation and would like to ask for advice :) I am using two dual port 25Gbps NICs MCX4121A-ACAT installed next to each other (pic attached). Both cards are running latest available firmware. OS is latest truenas core 13 U6.1. I know these cards are running...
  12. T

There is a limit 1 per customer, i was able to buy it - nic + sfp+ module - 6 euro incl. delivery to EU :D screenshot from my invoice attached.
  13. T

looking for some old veritas stuff

Hello guys, I hope my post does not violate some forum rules :) i got old sparc T2 server recently and i have veritas storage foundation installed on it (i got the install files from my previous work). Unfortunately i am not able to find the free version of VEA 5.1 tool (i have VEA 4.1 but it...
  14. T

Mellanox ConnectX-4 CX4121C firmware

hi guys, this PSID seems to be DELL :) Not sure why you were checking Huawei site. https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-bg/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=tptr3
  15. T

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

in idle is around 20-22W total (4--5W for PLX and around 4W per SSD), under load goes up to around 30W (around 8W per PLX and 5-6W per SSD)