Recent content by TQS

1. T

Issues with supermicro H12SSL-i & EPYC 7302P

I will recheck if the CPU is correctly installed, thx!
  2. T

Tried reinstalling the CPU, seems properly installed. I've already ordered a new one so I'll message once I test this second one. Quick question, is this server PSU cannot be used, right? Only regular ATX PSU is required, the one I showed in the last video?
  3. T

Nope, unfortunately it won't start: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbT_UViieugYVfFz2c9XphhjtTdBCjGU Any other suggestions? I think CPU might be broken.
  4. T

Understood, will test tomorrow! Thx once again! Based on the MB manual, this is the correct header to short, am I correct? Not sure what you mean by "FrontPanel header is non standard pinout".
  5. T

Will do tomorrow and write back! Thank you so much! Apoligies for such basic questions, I really dont have much experience in this stuff.
  6. T

I think power supply may be an issue. I've got Dell DPS-2400BB as a PSU and this Breakout bouard. Whenever this PSU setup is connected to the motherboard it does not start with shorting the Power Button switch, the system only starts when I press power button on the Breakout bouard, as shown on...
  7. T

Conneted the second 8pin EPS +12V and the monitor via VGA. Checked the JPG1 - position VGA enable. Outcome is still the same as in the video and no output to the monitor. I think it might be CPU then...
  8. T

Supermicro H12SSL-i does not boot

I have exactly same issue with my MB H12SSL-i and CPU 7302P I've filmed the issue: document_5370761792244954825.mp4 I would like to enter BMC through IPMI interface but unfortunately I dont know how to do it (haven't got much experience with server stuff) Could someone please help with that...
  9. T

Hi! I wonder if someone could help me with this. So I've purchased supermicro H12SSL-i (revision 1.02) and EPYC 7302P CPU setup, however I was unable tomake it work. I think there might be issues with CPU being locked to the motherboard of a certain vendor or the BIOS needs to be updated. From...
  10. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Yes, correct. The base clock of my es is 2ghz and it boosts all cores to 2.3ghz.
  11. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks for the explanation!
  12. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Thx for the reply! Basically i shouldn't even bother trying to overclock it? Is it bad that this is an early ES?
  13. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Hello! So i finally completed this build :) Now i would like to overclock it just a bit (basically i would like to get a maximum frequency with stock voltages). I have already tried to increase a BLCK frequenct to 105 and 104, but it just does not start with these settings and i had to clear...
  14. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I finally managed to get this CPU going :-) Asrock x99 extreme4 with the latest BIOS made this happen! Looks like the Raider mobo was really broken or something. Kalistoval, I really appreciate your assistance! Thanks a lot!
  15. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I will return it on Monday, however, i wonder whether i should get another msi x99a raider or go for the ASRock X99 Extreme4?