Recent content by TonyP

1. T

HPE ML110 Gen10 - Let's discuss...

True - that is a bummer.... But I do have other serveres with ram - so on this I think I could make do with 192.....
  2. T

HPE ML110 Gen10 - Let's discuss...

Old thread, I know.... But just got my hand on one of these.... and need to figure out what CPU it can take... Has anybody had any luck with any CPUs above 110W (would love a 6138 - since I actually can turbo single cores to 3.7 Ghz... And I need "more than 8" cores, but at the same time also...
  3. T

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

PLX was the company (Acquired by Broadcom), that produced switching chips... They are called i.e. PEX8648 or PEX8748.. So the full name would be PLX PEX8648 - but for the latter, I am not sure if it was ever marketed by PLX, so it is probably just called Broadcom PEX8748 (but it is anyway the...
  4. T

Don't know this nemt command... Is it concurrent transfers?? And, why going for 5 drives - that is clearly not on the same card/PLX??? So - if you create a ZFS stripe (or any other type of stripe) - how fast can you transfer to 4 drives?? On a system with just one of these cards, and thus 4...
  5. T

Can you report on what performance you can see from the ANU28PE16 card - with i.e. 4 NVMe's installed???
  6. T

Seagate 1200 ST400FM0063, 400GB 1.8" SSD, $85 BO FS

Just my 2 cents - not knowing this very specific adapter (but being notified of our original post): 1. This drive is SAS - and thus probably not relevant for laptops (but perhaps the "laptop" in the post was a mistake??) 2. They do get warm if not cooled (actually the will become "too hot"!) -...
  7. T

You could consider a solution where you make (or source, although specs on these adapters are rudimentary at best) an adapter that is passively feeding the SATA standard 3.3V through.. That way you rid yourself completely from the "cheap VR trap"... I have gone with these: Delock Produkte...
  8. T

Has anybody made any progress with this enclosure? How to power it, and cooling requirements. Got my hands on a very cheap stack of these drives - found a cheap SAS -> Micro SATA adapter, but has been "forced" to 3d print a bracket/holder for the adapters to hold the drives.. The do need to be...