Recent content by tonyjadd

1. T

Asrockrack X470D4U BMC self test status FAILED

Did you check the manual for the IPMI chip for the correct credentials? Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
  2. T

HITACHI AMS 2100 RKAK

I'm curious on how to use 2 "heads" in an active active setup using shard disks with a jbod like this. Speed Test
  3. T

SATA SSD Recommendation for 12th gen Dell servers

Looking for SSD upgrade opinions. We have a few 12th gen Dell servers (R420, 620, 720) and we want to upgrade the old spinners with SSD and repurpose for various projects. The two series we are considering right now is the Seagate Nytro 1351 and the Intel D3-S4610. They seem fairly comparable in...
  4. T

Checkpoint OS installer thumb drive without Isomorphic?

I'm on a customer site, doing a R80.10 install. Has a R77.10 open server standalone, and a new server for me to turn into a R80.10 open server. Kodi nox
  5. T

Dell R720 single CPU with single PS

I have a Dell T610 that I'm pretty happy with, except for the old and slow Nehalem era CPU which burns a ton of power. (IIRC I have L5630 dual sockets.) I'm using a reflashed 9211-8i for IT disc access. You can get inexpensive AM4 socket motherboards for under $100, and a Ryzen 5 2600 for about...
  6. T

NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

Owner of X9DRI-LN4F and X9DRH-7TF boards here. You can boot exclusively via nvme if you plug a usb stick into the internal usb port; and put the /boot and /boot/efi partitions on it. I've got NVME drives in both of those boards through the use of PCIE adapters (like the one you linked). They...