Recent content by ThreeFN

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

To be fair to... myself... my 6450 is mounted top of a 4 post that holds 'all the tv stuff', in the living room next to the tv, and the rule of that rack is if it's louder than the PS3, it gets the axe or surgery. Update on my rollout, I've got the 6450 deployed, uplink via S+RJ10 on single...
  2. T

Hackaday just refers to another guys post, but they've earned, and deserve the love. Short version, a low pass filter tuned to the pwm freq, ie a resistor and capacitor. You'll waste some power in the resistor but oh well. However the fan itself is brushless so is already doing some 'pwm' of...
  3. T

So did a fan mod on the 6450-24P that's going run the downstairs. Waffled back and forth but decided to give some NF-A4x20 FLX a try and work up from there if I had cooling issues since the switch is in an acoustically sub-optimal location. No issues with the fans not starting/stopping (I know...
  4. T

Figured I'd post this as an FYI. Spent a fair few days banging my head against a LAG problem, seems to trace back to a Freenas problem. Long and short of it is after setting up the lag on the freenas box I HAD TO RESTART. Otherwise it would be bad times. I swear I read a post on this thread...