Recent content by Thor

1. T

Intel 82599ES NIC, cannot find a working driver for Win11

I tried the x710 variant, and it worked out of the box! Thx for the tip! Saving the older 82599 for a linux box instead
  2. T

I have a SP330, which is based on the x710. Maybe thats a better fit
  3. T

I tried the installer for win10/win11, and it says the card isnt found..
  4. T

hi! Im testing out a Huawei sp310 10gig nic, which is an Intel 82599ES nic in my Win11 workstation, but its presented in device manager as an unknown device. Checking the PCIID clearly shows its a geniune Intel 82599ES, but when i use the intel drivers for win11, it states that no intel network...
  5. T

Repurposing a bunch of old servers to something better (150pcs)

Does Darik provide a linux console version instead? I have ssh access to the server, but no console access
  6. T

Repurposing a bunch of old servers to something better (150pcs)

hi, we are killing of a several year old iptv platform at work and we want to repurpose some of the HW to lab. poc and testing. The leftovers we want to give away to local organisations. The HW is mainly Intel Xeon platforms with LSI 2008/3008 controllers with 36x4TB disks in each + 128gigs of...
  7. T

Problems set-physicaldisk in VBOX testing srv2016 storage spaces

How can i use storage tiers on this setup? Its greyed out.. It says i have to have one automaticall allocated physical disk of each media type.. which i now have.. (2 for each)..
  8. T

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Get-PhysicalDisk | Select-Object SerialNumber,UniqueID,size,mediatype SerialNumber UniqueID size MediaType ------------ -------- ---- --------- VB812a9303-562fa1c5...
  9. T

nope, ure right.. needs to be part of the pool before changing mediatype..
  10. T

Storage pools performance question

Nope, just checked, stripe
  11. T

hi. Im trying to test srv 2016 in virtualbox and ive met some issues: 1. All disks come up as unknown mediatype and tiered storage needs to understand the type.. PS C:\Users\Administrator> Get-PhysicalDisk FriendlyName SerialNumber CanPool OperationalStatus HealthStatus Usage...
  12. T

Hi, found the typo ;) thx ;) Seems like the performance on the storage pool is the same as for 1 drive vs. 3..
  13. T

hi. The other day i moved 3x Corsair M4 128GB SSD from my Areca 1880 controller to the mainboard (SATA2), applied storage spaces (win10) on all 3 in stripe mode and did a benchmark in ATTO. Im baffeled by the crappy performance 3X ssd on ARECA = 1,6GB/s read performance at max and 700ishMB/s...