Recent content by Think

1. T

Tyan KVM HTML5 Remote Console not working on Chrome-based browsers

Incognito fixes the problem indeed on Edge. It does not on Vivaldi. I changed around all settings I could find, but all that happens on Vivaldi - in either modus - is that a popup opens, some elements are loaded, and then I have a blank popup window. Strange.
  2. T

I have a Tyan Transport SX TS65AB8036 (B8036T65AV12E16HR) - Firmware TS65-B8036 R1.00, BIOS V1.01.B20. All software versions admittedly very old - but the thing is working ok so far. Only HTML5 KVM is an issue on the Windows machine, probably (I think!) since I newly installed it. So my...
  3. T

Hi, I just realized that the HTML5 KVM console for my Tyan server is not working on Chrome-based browsers. I'm just getting blank windows on Vivaldi and Edge (Windows client). Firefox on the Windows client as well as Firefox and Safari on MacOS clients are working. Has anyonen come across...
  4. T

Noob question on L3 switch routing

Thanks for taking the time to look at my diagrams! And here we get to my follow-up questions. Because I started this thread as I was looking into using routing capabilities of the switch. However, what I was initially thinking about was just a few "backup" things to make sure that internet...
  5. T

@DavidWJohnston - THANK YOU. This is surely one of the most helpful replies I have ever received - across all forums. I've read your post a few times, and learned a lot (I hope!). So I think I have asymmetric routing in my current setup already, for the VPNs and 192.168.2.0/24 behind a transit...
  6. T

I am currently using my l3 capable switch only for l2 - tagged and untagged vlans. My network is running with a pfSense firewall which handles inter-VLAN (192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24, ...) routing and internet access. The switch has an IP defined in each VLAN. Now I'd like to change things...
  7. T

Affordable mid size managed PoE+(+) switch

I'm looking for a PoE switch that is affordable, in purchase price and operating cost. I need to connect 7 PoE devices, cams, and APs - and one PoE powered switch. So 6 PoE(+) devices and one PoE++ device - the switch. I also need to connect 7 non-PoE devices, incl. SAT-IP. Uplink is 2xRJ45...
  8. T

10Gbit/s pci-e 4.0 x1 nic?

Maybe I had an older version of the ASUS here. I tried both in my PCIe 4.0 x1 slot, and only the OWC yielded full 10 GBit speeds. The ASUS topped out at 6-7 GBit. iPerf: ASUS [SUM] 0.0-10.0 sec 7.18 GBytes 6.16 Gbits/sec OWC [SUM] 0.0-10.2 sec 11.0 GBytes 9.29 Gbits/sec
  9. T

Yes, I have the OWC card. It’s physically x4 in terms of its size, but works very well here in a x1 slot that is open at its back.
  10. T

Old thread, but as I just had the same problem as well, maybe this helps others: I tried an ASUS XG-C100C (PCIe 3.0 x4) and an OWC 10G Ethernet Adapter (PCIe 4.0 x4 interface) on my board with a PCI 4.0 x1 slot, open in the back. Both cards fit physically and work. The ASUS yields about 6Gbit...
  11. T

New switch recommendations to replace 7450-48p

I must be in the wrong corner of the world. These things cost 20k here new, 15k refurbished. If I look across the world on ebay, I can find some for 3k, but "just for spares", i.e. not working, from UAE. Working ones on ebay appear to be around 8k. Yes, it seems like waiting is the path to go...
  12. T

New switch recommendations to replace 7450-48p

Also looking for a similar switch, I immediately fell in love with this one. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about the price, as the specs say it's <78 dB. Can't see how that would be tolerated - even by me - in our home.
  13. T

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus Ultimate Customization Guide

I guess as a boot/system drive, USB will be fine. I was a bit concerned about write endurance and speed, given that I also wanted to put some VMs onto that drive. Hence I went for a PCIe SSD.
  14. T

I don't think there is an M2 slot. So for NVMe, you will have to go PCIe - or one in a USB slot. I'm booting off PCIe NVMe here, works well. I also have the VMs on that SSD. OS-wise, ZFS with KVM here as well. I'm using Proxmox, combines both quite nicely.
  15. T

I guess it's a question of what you need or want: If you want/need more space for HDDs/PCIe and the bigger size and higher price are of no concern, the ML30 is probably better for you. For me, the ML30 would be too big, and I don't need the extra space it offers over the Microserver.