Recent content by TheServerGuy

1. TheServerGuy

FS: Samsung SSD PM1643 3.84TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A & Ultrastar NS100 1.6TB SAS PCIe x4

Not sure yet but Chia plotting doesn't require super fast SSDs anymore (can plot a lot faster using 256GB of RAM).
  2. TheServerGuy

FS: Samsung SSD PM1643 3.84TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A & Ultrastar NS100 1.6TB SAS PCIe x4

I've got a couple SSD drives for sale. The PM1643 drives were pulled from a NetApp appliance and reformatted to 512 byte sector size. These were used for Chia plotting but they have plenty of life left. I didn't check the endurance info before pulling them but it is definitely over 85% if not...
  3. TheServerGuy

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

I've got a 42U HP rack in Littleton, CO for pickup free if any STHer wants/needs.
  4. TheServerGuy

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

I honestly don't understand all the crypto hate on tech forums. A small minority of crypto transactions are for illegal purposes btw. Also, an ROI of 6 months, even 10 months is pretty desirable as far as long term mining goes so my prediction is hard drive prices will remain where they are for...
  5. TheServerGuy

Warm? P420m 1.4TB $135 OBO

I've got a few of these that I'm willing to part with for $120 each if anyone missed out and wants one.
  6. TheServerGuy

WTB: multiple 2.5" 5TB drives

I have a few 4TB and 5TB 2.5" drives, seagate barracudas I believe that were used for media storage and then Chia mining. Don't remember the exact number but around 8-10 drives in total. I'll make a thread this weekend once I've figured the exact quantities out.
  7. TheServerGuy

THE CHIA FARM

Well if you make a bash script the syntax is pretty similar to powershell. Keep in mind you will want to have #!/bin/bash at the top of your script file, as in the examples. Then when you save your script, give it an .sh extension for good measure, and you'll probably want to chmod +x it to make...
  8. TheServerGuy

THE CHIA FARM

You can create a simple bash script to do everything that you asked. Double-clicking to run the script is controlled by your window manager. Take a look here for some examples of how to get that setup.
  9. TheServerGuy

SOLD: Western Digital Data102 JBOD Enclosure $200 + Shipping

Glad I got here late. This would have definitely caused me to buy more drives for Chia farming.
  10. TheServerGuy

EXPIRED HUH728080AL5200: $119.95

What I want to know is how did it take this long for these drives to sell out? Looks like they've been listed at this price since April? Or maybe seller just got more stock recently and didn't raise the price.
  11. TheServerGuy

WTB: Multiple used U.2/SAS SSDs (1.6TB or larger)

I have 8 LB1606R drives I'm looking to sell, probably not as cheap as you're looking though but you can PM me if you're interested.
  12. TheServerGuy

Solarflare dual 10Gb SFP+

My Centurylink "modem" has an SFP connection available, fwiw. I don't use it though, running ethernet straight from ONT to pfsense and works fine with pppoe.