Recent content by thedman07

1. T

[CLOSED] Intel Arc A40 Pro Single Slot GPUs

Disappointed I missed this...
  2. T

Lack of CSE 846 chasis

I don't know where they all went... They were few and far between for a while and now they seem to be almost nonexistent.
  3. T

PDB-PT747-4648 - $80 (Sold Out)

For anyone who searches this one out, the PDU I received had the following connectors: (1) 24pin (1) 8 Pin EPS (CPU Power) (1) 4+4 Pin EPS (CPU Power) (1) 4 pin 12V CPU Power (8) old style Molex power (4) floppy power (4) 6 Pin PCIe (4) 6+2 Pin PCIe. (1) SMBus Connector There is one short EPS...
  4. T

Insufficient fit of the SNK-P0064AP3 heatsink to the processor on H12SSL

Or the heat sink is barely screwed in so it isn't spreading the thermal paste like it should...
  5. T

It should be really really easy to rule out whether the right amount of pressure is being applied to the heat sink. When you talk about using two fingers to turn a screwdriver and all of the fretting around torque and screwing in shelves or building cabinets, it really makes me think that you're...
  6. T

If you're afraid that you won't be able to tell when the screw is fully installed, and that you'll put a screw through a piece of fiberglass and copper, you might want to take it to someone else to help you. I don't know what to tell you... If they're not cross threaded, it should be really...
  7. T

The springs are what provide the appropriate amount of force. You should be tightening the screws until they bottom out. It shouldn't take that much force, but you don't need to mess around with only using a thumb and forefinger,... Doing it in a cross pattern is a good idea, but its not rocket...
  8. T

What kind of clarification are you looking for? This power distribution board has multiple 6 pin and 8 pin PCIe power connectors on it. This was made for use in a different case, so you have to switch the metal bracket that comes with it out for the one that the original PDB in your case came...
  9. T

In the 836 I was using I used a 180 degree power adapter and it worked for a card that wasn't taller than the pcie slot. I also converted one of the 12V CPU power connectors on the PDU I had into a PCIE power connector. I wouldn't do it for a high power GPU, but it worked for a 1060 TI.
  10. T

This is sold out. Supermicro PDB-PT747-4648 - $80 If you have a CSE 846 and you're looking for a way to run multiple GPUs without adapters, this is a good option. You can also use the PWS-1K28P-SQ on this without modification. The classic 920P-SQ will also work if you have those laying around...
  11. T

Dell Wyse 5070 J5005 quad core (Extended chassis) w/ Dell Warranty (Open box) - $89.95

I bought one of these. They shipped fast and it looks to be new as described.
  12. T

4 nvme in Dell Precision T5810

Based on some cursory research, it looks like that system supports x4x4x4x4 PCIe bifurcation. You should be able to use the cheaper cards. Electrically, the cheaper cards pretty much just pass the PCIe lanes to the M.2 sockets. I don't know if PCIe 3.0 vs. 4.0 makes a difference on this kind of...
  13. T

Chassis for Supermicro H12SSL-NT that support NVMe backplain

You can get something with a 5-1/4" bay and use something from IcyDock.
  14. T

Designing 1U/2U/3U/4U rackmount server chassis - these will be going to production - looking for input, ideas, and feedback!

You don't even have to include expanders. Even if you just built a backplane with the equivalent of a breakout cable and power handling it would be huge. One SAS connector for every 4 drives and molex (or SATA) power connectors would make a huge difference. The customer can source their own...
  15. T

Designing 1U/2U/3U/4U rackmount server chassis - these will be going to production - looking for input, ideas, and feedback!

A backplane on the bottom of a chassis would be fine. You can buy right angle SAS cables if you need clearance. The backplanes for Norco chassis were fine too (although I think they had some QC issues in the power circuits). They didn't even have expanders on them, although the user could add...