Recent content by thebwack

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Awesome, makes sense. Thanks
  2. T

Before I go through the manual and reset and config my 7250 I'm curious how it will play with my two 6610 I've already deployed. Mainly wanting to setup a LAG between my 6610 rear breakout and a 7250's SFP ports. The 6610 is on 8.0.30 and the 7250 can go up to 8.0.95. Will these different...
  3. T

wondering if I could load SPR08080f.bin or something newer from the telnet prompt to then allow me to flash the 8095 ufi if not I'll wait while I order the correct serial cable and see if that works. seems like making a DIY console cable for the MiniUSB is hit or miss so Im probably doing...
  4. T

here is the output telnet@ICX7250-24 Switch#sh ver Copyright (c) 1996-2016 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All rights reserv ed. UNIT 1: compiled on May 19...
  5. T

I've got a 7250-24 here on 08.0.30hT211 and I need to update it. I've successfully gone through the guide with two 6610's so I'm familiar but still new to FastIron. I can't get the MiniUSB Serial Port to work at all, I know its not a USB connection. I've read all the posts and built a cable...
  6. T

[WTB][US]: Ruckus ICX 7250 [24/24P/48/48P]

Want to buy a 7250. Willing to pay ballpark $300. Any of the units will work but 24 non POE is what I guess I'd prefer. Thanks for looking!
  7. T

While testing with the QNAP unmanaged at one point I did have 2 of the 4 streams forwarding and in LAG. Via a disk speed test I was seeing about 7-9GB read and write on two different computers, which is more than we've ever seen. Honestly if I can make that a stable uplink that would be plenty...
  8. T

I got all four breakouts into the InstaPatch working using @fohdeesha wiring pic and diagram. Awesome! Now I'm playing with static LAG'ing them into 4 ports on an older unmanaged version of the Qnap-Qsw-1208-8c and I keep getting the non primary port states switched to Blocking. trying to...
  9. T

Also for reference, here's a few transceivers that work great in my 6610 so far. I know the RJ45 10GB ones can be pricy the 6COM I just got on Amazon 2 for $88 ($44 each). IDK if that's amazing for 10GB RJ45 but they're working good...
  10. T

Thanks! That's all helpful to wrap my head around fiber. Seeing as these instapatch are not super valuable I think I'll try re-wiring it first like @fohdeesha did, see if I can get it working. I like the idea of having this instapatch at the other end for scalability later if I need to add...
  11. T

ok, bought a 50M 12Fiber MPO cable on bay. I'm attaching a diagram it came with. I also bought because I found one super cheap, a Systimax Instapatch panel thinking I could run a 50M MPO from our server room to the video suite and fan out from there. I used a paper clip and flipped one end...
  12. T

Done. Now about to try my hand at some paper clip MPO trunks. thanks again! I’ll post some pics of our setup when we’re done. Setting up some 40G uplinks for our Truenas box to serve video and rendering editors.
  13. T

where do I donate to the @fohdeesha beverage fund? just got my first of two 6610 up and running. Yall are the best. And the guide is perfect. my only complaint is I’m too slow and missed the boot loader 4 times before I figured it out.