Recent content by the spyder

1. T

Storage, networking, NAS, IB, ect.

Netgear NAS w/3tb Hitachi's- SOLD HDD's added and prices adjusted across the board. Everything's hitting eBay tonight. :(
  2. T

(1) X520-DA2 sold, two remaining with LP brackets.
  3. T

Solaris 11.3 + 16.11/17.01 web GUI issues

Never mind- it was chrome.
  4. T

WTB/WTT: Need Parts to JBOD a SC216 Chassis

Check my FS thread. I have a few of the parts.
  5. T

Updated some stuff and dropped the prices on the RE drives.
  6. T

Thanks! Samsung 840 Evo's SOLD.
  7. T

Thanks to gea

Between the work I've done at my last three companies with ZFS, @gea has always been incredibly helpful. I would happily buy you a pint or two for your help over the years. :)
  8. T

It's early, early spring cleaning. I'm going through all my projects I ended in 2016 and clearing the bench. If you need more pictures, have questions, ect- please just let me know. I will be adding more tonight. HDD's: 1) (5) Western Digital RE 4TB 7200RPM 64MB Enterprise SATA Hard drives. All...
  9. T

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS poor SMB performance to ZFS storage

I'm working with one of our engineers trying to troubleshoot poor SMB performance speeds from a node running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS connecting to one of our Solaris 11.3 ZFS storage arrays. Our CentOS 6.7 nodes are 2-3x faster on average (identical hardware) and I'm hoping we are missing something...
  10. T

FS: Lab partout, DDR3- SSD's, NIC's, ect

Afraid work kept me far to busy this week. Working on updating the ad with pictures and part numbers.
  11. T

Ahhhh! 14 PM's. I won't get a chance to respond until later today. Thanks!
  12. T

Upgrading my home lab and all this has to go. Updated 7/1/15 Chassis: (2) Supermicro 1U (8) 2.5" with power supply (no rails) $150 each Processors: (2) x5670 bare cpu's $200/pair (2) E5640 bare cpu's $40/pair Ram: (2) Crucial DDR3 8GB (2x4G) SODIMM $50- NIB SSD: (10) Crucial M4 256GB $70...
  13. T

FS: Server components (Proc/Ram/Network Adapters/SAS controllers)

Sorry folks, I'm pulling this ad for now. I am swamped and won't have a chance to relist this for a few weeks.