Recent content by thayerz00r

1. T

BestBuy-WD 8TB External-Limit 1 per order-$130

I picked up three for my unraid server yesterday, all WD80EFAX Red/256mb cache. Shucked them and installed, fired right up. Running preclear now. Thanks for the heads up on the deal!
  2. T

Amazon Prime Day 2016 Thread

This special is over, but it looks like Best Buy is matching a lot of the items on web.. So if you miss something that amazon had, and best buy carries, check their site.- SanDisk - Ultra II 960GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive for Laptops - Black
  3. T

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Drive - Cheap 2.5" 4TB drives

Thanks for the writeup/photos, Patrick and inspiration, Deslok. I think I'll head to the local brick and mortar (Best Buy) and grab a few for kicks!
  4. T

GIGABYTE Server Motherboard - Intel C602 Chipset - Socket R LGA-2011 GA-7PESH2

I received mine the other day and was able to test it out. Works fine with 1x 2670 v1 and 64 gigs ram (installed windows 10 and have been playing with unraid -- both successful). Only 1 cpu slot (cpu 0) and 8pin connector were used. I didn't update the bios. Board did look new, no...
  5. T

Help with OS please

I stopped using unetbootin because of this happening when trying to make Win8 boot disks rather than figuring it out, probably has something to do with GPT partitions rather than MBR... I'm not going to be much help with it... Sorry! I have used the bash/console way successfully that gigatexal...
  6. T

Help with OS please

I had this problem on my work computer as well, updating to the latest system software (Yosemite at the time), and trying again solved the problem for me. Also, make sure your removable stick has sufficient capacity to hold the image, I'd shoot for 8 gigs minimum, though 4 should be enough.
  7. T

What desk do you guys use

I've been using the Galant series from Ikea for quite a while in various configurations. I think it was replaced with the Bekant series though. Modular storage is available for them... We also have a couple VESA mount monitor arms to hold the screens, having these has made a world of...
  8. T

SOLD - Intel LGA2011 Pedestal Server / Workstation

Hmmm really intrigued, There might be a gigabyte board that was just purchased being offered back up! YGPM
  9. T

I'll probably get 64-128mb and a handful of drives and make a media closet htpc vm, and file host with unraid or something. Mostly just getting into this re-purposed server gear thing.. see what trouble I can cause..
  10. T

I did as well! Time to join the home server/lab club. Thanks for the tip!