Recent content by thatoneuser

1. T

[WTB] X10DAL-i (or other DP ATX WS board)

Looking for Supermicro X10DAL-i ATX board (or any other E5-2600 v3/v4 DP ATX WS board) Please PM for price Thank you
  2. T

[WTB] 18~25U Server Rack Cabinet (Bay Area, CA)

This might be a long shot, but I'm looking for a 18~25U (preferably 18U) server rack cabinet that has solid side panels and with at least 30" usable depth. I'm in Bay Area in California, can pick up locally. Budget is ~$200. Thanks!
  3. T

APC AP7841 individual outlet on off from web interface

Does anyone know if the ap7841 web interface has function to turn on and off individual outlet? I saw some for sale locally and would like to get them but unsure if that function is in there. I tried looking through the manual but it does not seem to specify such function. Thanks in advance!
  4. T

Help needed identifying mystery cable

Looks like some kind of a BBU cable. Did you have a HW RAID controller installed or was the chassis an used one?
  5. T

How do you read firmware version numbers

When your system boots up you can enter the option ROM with Ctrl+C and you should see the firmware version there. Alternatively, you can use sas2ircu under DOS or UEFI Shell and run "sas2ircu LIST" to show a list of controllers, then again with "sas2ircu <controller number> DISPLAY" to show a...
  6. T

Adaptec 6805 Critical error

It just happened on its own, I didn't tinker with anything.
  7. T

Thank you for the info. I have another pool I can dump these 9TB onto and redo from scratch. Unfortunately both systems are HP MS G8 so I can only do the transfer @ 2Gb. That's gonna take a while, hopefully nothing goes wrong during the transfer.
  8. T

That sucks... If I were to just ignore it and keep using as-is would there be any problem? I guess I'll use this opportunity to clean up and redo the setup.
  9. T

I think it did. All I see in the task tab is a scheduled task to check all spare disks for error.
  10. T

I created a RAID 5 VD with 4 drives on an Adaptec 6805. One of the drives failed, so I replaced it and completed the rebuild. When checking the drives individually and the VD in maxView Storage Manager all show "Optimal," however there is a critical exclamation point on the VD. I do see there is...
  11. T

[FS] IBM M1015, Adaptec 6445, Xbox One and misc gadgets

Shipping to CONUS actual cost. If you purchase multiple items for total over $150 I will ship to CONUS for free. Payment via PayPal only. IBM M1015 flashed for IR/IT with LP and FH brackets, $100/ea. Adaptec 6445 sealed Single pack, I'll include SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cable if needed, $450...
  12. T

How to connect Supermicro SC847 jbod to HBA?

You need to see inside the chassis, on the expander backplanes, how many mini SAS connectors you have. If you have 3 on each backplane, then it is the E16 version; if you have 6 on each backplane, then it is the E26 version. For the external ports, the bracket is just to convert SFF-8087 to...
  13. T

Rackable System 3U 16 drives chassis SAS2 upgrade

Not this twisty caps crap again... Don't you read the replies on [H]?
  14. T

See that leftover EXP cables on the expander? That's the cable I cut and rewired to the molex 4pin.
  15. T

Probably. Looks like it just needs the 2x2 power connector for power. The colored ribbon cables are for serial.