Recent content by thatch45

1. T

SAS Controller disappears after reboot

The heartbeat light noes not blink and the controller does not show up in the output of lspci, when it is working it does show up: ``` 41:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS3008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-3 (rev 02) ```
  2. T

H12SSL and Epyc can't handle the ram

Actually, I did get hynix ram, and it has been just fine. It was certified by supermicro, I think the ram I had before was just too slow
  3. T

Is my face red! Latest Arch Linux running the current LTS kernel. Supermicro CSE-847E16-R1K28LPB Chassis with BPN-SAS2-846EL1 24-port 4U SAS2 6Gbps single-expander backplane BPN-SAS2-826EL1 12-port 2U SAS2 6Gbps single-expander backplane I should add that both backplanes disappear. I have 2...
  4. T

I have 2 Supermicro H12SSL-CT motherboards, one of them has been doing something strange. When I reboot, the SAS adapter gets disabled, if I shut down, pull the power, and then boot - it comes back - but only until I reboot the system - then poof! it is gone! Any ideas on what I should look at...
  5. T

I should thank everyone, I ordered new ram from supermicro and it is working like a charm!
  6. T

I also did try it with and without any adapters - same issues. I also looked at the board and could not see any damage, and I ruled that out after the second board gave me the same issues with the same CPU AND a different CPU
  7. T

I installed the CPU, and ram from the one system in question on another board, and the exact same issues showed up, same DIMM slots were bad. So I concluded that the ram is either bad or more likely not compatible with the board. So I returned the ram and ordered some PC3200 direct from...
  8. T

You guys have been fantastic! I have reseated the CPU and carefully inspected it and the socket, I was unable to find any damage, dirt, oil, etc. I have tried multiple memory configurations I have reseated all memory sticks multiple times I have installed washers below the motherboard pegs on...
  9. T

nope, I installed some washers and now only 2 sticks show up. hopefully the board is not damaged and the ram is not bad. I have another server to build with the same board, that should tell me if there are issues with the motherboard or ram
  10. T

Thanks @nabsltd , I think that is it. the chassis I am using is used and I think part of it may be rising up and touching the motherboard. The problem came back when I installed a video card now it can only see 128 GB of ram. I will need to figure out how to add some insulation or tighten where...
  11. T

Thanks! I do not have a misplaced motherboard standoff, I checked before I posted I can reseat the CPU, I will give that a shot There are no errors during post and no errors in the IPMI The big question I have is this: Milan does not like Hynix LRDIMM Really? Whats that about? I will look...
  12. T

I just got a SuperMicro H12SSL motherboard and an AMD Epyc 7313 processor. The board boots up just fine and is running Linux like a champ - but only with half the ram installed. But I got 8x64GB memory sticks, and if I put in more than half of them the system refuses to post. I can get into the...