Recent content by tekmunki

1. T

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

For those that had em delivered already how loud are the fans at idle?
  2. T

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Looks like they are into us got a counter for $45/ea
  3. T

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Thanks, but my wallet hates you. I'm addicted to repurposing old HW into firewalls just to see what they are capable of. Sent an offer for two @$30/ea.
  4. T

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

I think you're referring to my post when I was testing the SATA drives. I got the ~60W from my UPS screen at the time and that was idle before I put any data or attached any network shares so that's probably the low-end. Right now the IPMI is reporting ~196 watts with 12x 3.5" 7200rpm SAS...
  5. T

Set up the replacement unit today and it's humming along fine no issues so far. I took the top off while replacing it to snap a pic of the battery for you. 3/4 I ordered had voltages under 2.4v so I just cut the shrink wrap and pulled the tabs off the drained batteries and electrical taped them...
  6. T

Weird your screens are showing the d51ph-1ulh expander that's a different unit from what we have. On the qct.io site it lists the expander firmware as a different file "12G-EXPANDER_FW-Broadcom_1.0.8.zip" vs. "12G-EXPANDER_1.08.zip" for the sd1q-1ulh. Maybe give the broadcom fw a try and see...
  7. T

I've only used SFP+ optics with some OM3 fiber from FS so far a Finisar FTLX8571D3BCL and a Generic encoded FS brand and they both work no problems.
  8. T

Since my last post I've been running my SAS drives in the server at home and it's been solid. The HDD temps don't seem to be an issue even under heavy load at home they've stayed constant at their idle temps. I've moved close to 50TB to and from the server and I even run 15 of my VMs boot...
  9. T

Looking over the FW notes there didn't seem to be any pressing need to go past the 12.02 and I didn't want to test it anymore so I threw my data SAS drives in it and called it a day. I just gave up on updating the expander for now. It loads the SAS drives I was going to use it for anyways with...
  10. T

Another update, so it seems when the SATA drives don't show up it is only the 3.5" bays as the 4x2.5" seem to detect everytime on the old expander firmware. But it does seem like a timing issue for the detection like the expander FW release notes state as the change. On boot ups where the 3.5"...
  11. T

Just got it to boot again by downgrading to the BIOS FW it came with S1Q_3A12.02 after which the logs read the cmos was reset and it booted right up no more repeater write errors and freenas was able to boot after I went in and reselected the back drives for the boot device in BIOS. Once again...
  12. T

Welp, came home to find the server was powered off and when I try to power it back up it no longer post with no output to a monitor or IPMI console. The only thing I can find in the logs is a cryptic "Repeater_WR_Fail" everytime it tries to boot. All the sensors on the sensors page are lit up...
  13. T

I actually just ran sas3flash via eufi to try and update the 3008 card, then updated the bios to 3A14, then did the BMC via freedos. Which is totally out of the order I was supposed to, the only issue I ran into was the system locked up when I erased the LSI firmware with sas3flash in the efi...
  14. T

Sure no problem there's a Dell r730 mounted above if you need a scale I think those are 26" long? I have a Startech 25U adjustable rack standard 19" wide I've included a pick of what I have it set to as far as the adjustment rails.
  15. T

I got a unit on Friday and just finished setting it up. The 4 SATA drives I had laying around from 2012 3xWD blacks and some random Samsung SATA2 drive do seem to work with the 3008 card but not with every boot. Some times I've had a reboot where it will not detect a random drive but a...