Recent content by tcpip

1. T

LSI MegaRAID BBU dead or not?

Hey, I'm a total noob in case of HW RAID Controllers, last time had my fingers on it years ago. Now I have a System with an LSI MegaRaid SAS 9271-8i running a RAID1, so far so good. What I dont get is the BBU Status; If I query it with: storcli /c0 /bbu show status I receive: Controller = 0...
  2. T

NUC Outer Ring LED to display Internet Connection Status

Hey, just a tiny and stupid project I want to share. The newest Intel NUC have a multicolor outer ring LED. I made a stupid and simple script to display the internet connection "quality" by changing the status of the outer LED Ring. Running as Cron every minute it's a very quick way to have a...
  3. T

Aggregation Switches >6 SFP+ <= 16SFP+?

Found all info in the awesome brocade thread, will try to find find a used one to have a look. In EU they are not so common on eBay.
  4. T

Thanks for the Ideas. The Unifi XG I already used on several sites but I really do not like the fact I need a controller for setup and config changes. I prefer CLI via SSH this way I can very easy remote manage everything, like a VLAN need to be added. But as said the Aruba / Cisco Options are...
  5. T

Hey, anybody have some tipps for me for affordable Aggregation switches? min req: - 6 to 16 Pots SFP+ 10G - some Copper Ports on it would be great - Managed (Need basic options, VLAN, STP, lldp would be nice) - Affordable Normally I used to work with Aruba 2530 / 2540 / 2930 / 5406.. but...
  6. T

Pfsense IPv6 help!

Had same Headache on my connection after with my ISP. First be sure you run a dual stack from your ISP, not 6in4 or 4in6 tunnel or DS-Lite. I summed up my settings and so on in a blog post not so long ago maybe it helps.