Recent content by tangent

1. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yup, and the best part is that most of my key devices (router, fileserver with config backup, etc) were connected to the 10g ports :rolleyes: It was due for an upgrade anyway. Thanks for all your support!
  2. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hello! I've got a icx7250 running my network core After a power outage, my switch which had happily been running for a year straight seems to have forgotten it's license! What's worse, when I type "license" and hit tab, the only option is "delete" and "license install" is giving invalid...
  3. T

LSI 9207-8i - identify current firmware?

From the .07 changelog (the only change listed). Turns out ZFS disagress with excessive parity errors.
  4. T

Well, if you installed sas2ircu and ran the display command, there is a small chance that it is running with the correct firmware. I ordered my copy off of ebay, and it did indeed come flashed to IT mode as advertised. I still ended up needing to create a boot disk so I could update to the...
  5. T

I was able to get the version of the firmware on my card using this command: sas2ircu 0 display LSI Corporation SAS2 IR Configuration Utility. Version 20.00.00.00 (2014.09.18) Copyright (c) 2008-2014 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved. Read configuration has been initiated for controller 0...
  6. T

Recommendation 10G NIC

I just picked up one of these for an x570 build, since the board supports 16x / 4x. The Intel x520 line is older, and runs at 8x/pci-e 2.0.
  7. T

Thoughts on sound "proofing" (dampening) a Startech 4POSTRACK12U

I have no direct insights, but I am looking at a similar project myself. In my case it isn't the noise that is the real issues somuch as the heat. I'll throw on some form of noise damping panels eventually because why not. I'm looking at getting 1-2 6inch dryer vent hoses to re-direct the...