Recent content by Takrbark3

1. T

Paltry EIPOIB Performance

Hi! Old topic, but for future reference. EIPOIB (Ethernet Services over IPoIB) is supported only from Connectx4-card or higher. EIPOIB function is required, if you want to use the IB interface to look like an "Ethernet-device", but over IB link: > Adding IB to the ethernet bridge, interconnect...
  2. T

Cisco VIC network card in standard PCI-E

I tested the card under Linux, built in kernel driver worked out of the box ( no driver installation needed ). The "fnic" is the FCOE driver (this is not need to operate the card, you can remove/blacklist this), "enic" is the ethernet driver. I did test the card under Windows10, use the 4.0.4...
  3. T

Modding/upgrading Arista switches?

HI! I have the same CPU board as yours. RAM Upgrade: My unit came with: 4GB 1RX8 PC3L-12800E According to this, it is possible to install 1ea 16GB just need to be : PC3L-xxxxxE type memory
  4. T

Anybody running SONIC on Edgecore AS7312-54X?

You should use the Arista hardware instead, its using "Aboot" not "ONIE". example: "Arista 7050QX-32S" The ASIC for switching ( Trident2; Trident3 ). The ASIC for routing ( Trident4; Tofino ). The problem is I couldn't found proper "white-box software" that can handle large-scale NAT with VRF...
  5. T

Network routing issues

Hi! Don't use the "rt_table" solution, its an old "linux hackish-way" to implement the VRF (Virtual Route Forwarding) technology. The linux variant for VRF is called "linux namespaces" its more simple and less pain. You need "bind the interface/subinterface" to the specific "namesepace", after...
  6. T

Vyos 10GbE Router

Hi! Can you measure the "pps: packets per second" instead of "bps: bits per second" ? Measuring the "bps" is misleading and wrong like "Oranges vs Apples". If you understand exactly the difference, you will know what is the "huge gap" between the "ASIC-Router vs PC-Router". You can begin here...
  7. T

I want to boot bare Debian Linux using with "FreeRtr" software ( freeRouter - networking swiss army knife ) in my homelab, so I dont need the SONIC stack, only the drivers. The "Barefoot Tofino based switch" would be better, but I couldn't find on ebay at reasonable price.
  8. T

Hi! Did somebody managed to install SONIC/Linux to the ARISTA 7050QX-32S ? I don't need EOS, I just want to boot Linux and QSFP ports needed as standard Linux interfaces. EDIT: I found the other topic about this...
  9. T

32x40GbE $400 OBO if you are crazy

Hi! Does this switch support: - line-rate routing ( nat, vrf, wan: pppoe, ... ) ? - "official" firmware are available ? The only problem i found, it is an intel ATOM based CPU (just search: Atom C2000 bugs)
  10. T

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Hi! After 3years of service - today suddenly the LB4M stopped processing the VLANS - you cannot connect to another switch using TRUNK link - the only working thing is using only one vlan on the ports ~ access ports - nothing more. The first sympthon was loosing the "mgmt_vlan" address - cannot...
  11. T

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Hi! The Mellanox SX6036 is now EOL. MLNX-OS renamed to ONYX. Mellanox SBxxxx for infiniband Mellanox SNxxxx for ethernet Which Mellanox switch can do "infiniband+ethernet" ? Which Mellanox switch can do "infiniband+ethernet+FCOE" ? I could not find clear answers.
  12. T

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Mikrotik released some new switches: CRS354-48P-4S+2Q+RM CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+RM The design is for L2.
  13. T

Cisco VIC network card in standard PCI-E

I updated the 1st post. You can change the card settings without UCS manager. The VIC features/functions (Virtual Interfaces) will not work.
  14. T

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Is there Somebody who using the L3 feature for inter vlan routing? The specs is writing about the "swicthing performance" but, nothing about the "routing performance" (hardware assisted: line-rate ? CPU based: slow )
  15. T

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Does somebody has a list what feature licenses are available for this SX1036/SX6036 platform? EFM_SX: Generix SX license OEM_LIC: 10G/25G/100G license Other?