Recent content by t4ir1

1. T

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

Thanks for the help guys. After doing some search, Format is now in progress :) Small tip for anyone trying to achieve the same with an HP Raid Controller. First step is to activate HBA mode on the controller. You must install the 'ssacli' package from HP. Either download it or do it from the...
  2. T

Hey guys, small question: I connected the EMC disk shelf (bottom controller, diamond shapped port) to the P222 array controller from HP I mentioned above. Using sg_utils scan command I don't see the disk, but something like this: $ sudo sg_scan -i /dev/sg0: scsi0 channel=0 id=0 lun=0 HP...
  3. T

Great stuff! They are SAS though, 2TB 7,2k RPM, 6GBs. P/N: 005049496 I will probably connect one SAS cable from the bottom controller and another from the top one just for redundancy :)
  4. T

@bonox, thank you very much for your inputs! I just ordered this shelf on eBay and I am excited to set it up. As it comes with original hard drives, I guess I will first need to take care of the sector sizing thing before I can really use it, but I'm looking forward to have it set up!
  5. T

Hi everyone, first time posting on the this thread and just wanted to quickly say that it really helped me a lot! Thank for all the info you shared! I'd like to ask something to you guys since you seem very familiar with this disk enclosure - Would it be possible to connect this device to an HP...