Recent content by SynapticHorizons

1. S

looking for 8-Bay NVMe U.2 enclosure, with either PCIe 4.0 or Thunderbolt IV/USB4 Interface

I checked it out. It's cool, trying to get the datasheet for it but, it appears to be PCIe Gen3 and support rates up to 2,750MB/sec. Also not sure if it supports Windows O/S it does show macOS. It's Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C compatible. 40TB Storage Capacity 3 x 8TB 3.5" HDDs | 4 x...
  2. S

looking for 8-Bay NVMe U.2 enclosure, with either PCIe 4.0 or Thunderbolt IV/USB4 Interface

Do you have Riser R1a, R1c or R4a? You need the DW = Double Width Version for the Liqid LQD-L4500 cards.
  3. S

Hi jpmomo, Really interested in seeing how this configuration tests out. Probably the main difference is the Liqid version is optimized so that you can fit the entire configuration in one PCIe Gen4 16x Slot. Unfortunately my R750 only has one (1) Full Height, Full Length 16x Slot for the Liqid...
  4. S

Pricing is very specific and it would be provided to you through your LIQID Partner. Each customer may have different arrangements with their specific Partners. My Partner is Dell. So the card which we use is the FHFL: L4500-007T68-040 Element LQD4500 - 7.68TB, NVMe PCIe Gen 4.0 x16 FHFL AIC...
  5. S

Thank all of you, for taking the time to consider the problem and making good points and recommendations. Ultimately decided to outfit the AI Research Workstation with one (1) Liqid Element LQD4500 PCIe AIC Composable Storage SSD PCIe Card. Which supports up to 24GB/sec for the intermediate...
  6. S

Exactly and when I find someone willing to lend me $26,724.02 for the sort of minimally configured Server I'll buy it! Look at the quote I received from Dell and I have a VPA with Dell. Shipping Group Details Shipping To DOUGLAS CALL Shipping Method Standard Delivery SYNAPTICHORIZONS LLC...
  7. S

The major problem is that NAS SSD is not available in NVMe PCIe Gen4 with direct mother board connectivity. All NAS even FLASH NAS which is ultra expensive like $25K for 16TB (4 x 3.84TB) or something but it only goes through a 100G connection which would saturate at the 100G connection with...
  8. S

Noticed there are a couple of suppliers of now offering Highpoint SSD6540 - U.2 (15mm) NVMe PCIe Gen3 SSD external U.2 Enclosures out there. Looking for provider offering these enclosures with PCIe Gen4 x4 Interface or Thunderbolt 4. Problem with M.2 2280's is they don't achieve a high enough...
  9. S

Need reasonably priced NAS RAID Storage using Hardware RAID controller QNAP is all software RAID

There are too many recommendations for high function NAS RAID devices using Software RAID for example the QNAP TVS-h1288X 12-bay ZFS NAS recently reviewed by Patrict. These systems all have many desirable features except the one most important feature of Data Integrity which is a Hardware RAID...
  10. S

Need reasonably priced (Under $2K) 8 to 24 port 10GBASE-T switch with 40Gbs QSFP+ uplink

That would of course be the best solution. But we'd have to spend another $2000 to get all the new Fiber runs completed (plus the cost of the new fiber). All said and done it would be cheaper to buy three (3) $3500 switches that do what I want now than go through the hassle of doing new wire...
  11. S

Need reasonably priced (Under $2K) 8 to 24 port 10GBASE-T switch with 40Gbs QSFP+ uplink

This wasn't what I wanted its what another individual suggested.
  12. S

we use IPSwitch (they recently changed names) What's Up Gold probably a similar monitoring tool.
  13. S

In this case I do need to monitor the port status of all the 10GbE switches. Either using a pretty decent WebGui or Management card. Most of the switches area L2 or L3 level switches. Actually trying to work with MikroTik to have them create a new model that would have sixteen (16) or (24) Port...
  14. S

Yes the one you've found is pretty good it does have 25G QSFP uplinks, not quite 40G QSFP+. But you got me to thinking so checked out Dell's switch selection within this range and did find a pretty cool one that features: 28 x 10GBase-T ports, 2 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports, 2 x 100GbE QFSP28 ports but...